Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJs Wanted - 80's Slant

• 26-01-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Yo

A friend of mine who run's Strictly Hand Bag Monday nights at RiRa aske
    me to pass this on if any one is intrested and thinks they can handle
    it mail him below and tell him you saw my post if your intrested

peace

arv

Hey there

I'm looking to expand my DJ roster for very established club night. 80's
    electro, new wave, mod, Rare Groove, Baggy, Indie and rock. Also plenty
    of scope for more contemporary indie. mail me if you think you can handle
    200 punters on a dancefloor - good mixing skills essential. NO cddjs i'm
    afraid! Mail me if you're interested!

Murt

martin@therescuesquad.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Arveene wrote:
    good mixing skills essential. NO cddjs i'm
    afraid! Mail me if you're interested!

So he's looking for someone who can use scratchy 33rpm's?? That could backfire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Arveene wrote:

NO cddjs i'm afraid!

What about MP3s?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Why no CD DJ's? There are many people just as capable on cd's and mp3's than Vinyl! Why exclude these people?

Dj's can be such snobs sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Zascar wrote:
    Why no CD DJ's? There are many people just as capable on cd's and mp3's than Vinyl! Why exclude these people?

Dj's can be such snobs sometimes...

Thats very true. I use MP3s + CDs with a Mac running Ableton Live as a mixer sampler and FX unit. And if I'm feeling really crazy I'll throw in some live samples via a midi keyboard.

The technology is out there to be used. I can't stand those nerd pretentious krusty DJs who insist on using crappy old vinyl cuz it looks cool.

Advertisement