Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing Mirror Breeze?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Not long ago, I returned to my car late at night to find both wing mirrors thrashed. I went to MicksGarage.ie and ordered two new wing mirrors and put them on my car (Honda Civic 98 2dr).

First time I put them on, at speeds of over 40mph there was an annoying breeze noise coming in. I took them off, put in the old Honda seals, sealed them with plenty of silicone and put them back on the car. It helped a little but now over 60mph there is still an annoying breeze noise coming in (it's not bad, but I'd like to get rid of it).

I've checked everywhere, and they seem to be completely sealed, so I have no idea where the air is getting in. Anyone have any ideas?

Never thought reintalling a set of wing mirrors would be such a big deal :(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

This might have nothing to do with it but, there's padding on the inside of the door at the mirror, where the adjuster arm is, perhaps this came out or loose and needs to be re-sealed.
    Might be nothing to do with it but it's worth a look.

Advertisement