Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magnet

• 26-01-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

i was looking into getting broadband from other companies because eircom arent in my area so i came across smart and magnet.

to get smart i have to get a new line as my parents want to keep our old number. so i was just wondering if it would be the same case with magnet?

if so which is the better option? it seems to me that smart is the better one but any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

yes exactly the same with magnet. I think it may be possible to keep the old number if you port it to Blueface (VoIP) but check with them.

i.e. you get a new smart or magnet number and have your old number on a VoIP setup. when the number porting legal mess is resolved can then put it back on the regular phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

A magnet rep told me you didnt have to change number last week with them. But then I downloaded their order form from their site which seems to say differant. I was on to their order line earlier but forgot to ask for clarification on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

ya i looked into the possibility of swithcing over to blueface and i dont think ill be doing it.

because id have to change my current line over and i think my parents will have a bit of trouble of getting used to it! it doesnt really matter if its the exact same as a regular phone i just dont think theyd go for it and if the power goes you have no phone!

and i cant change over the new smart phone line cause you have to take their phone service as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I have heard Magnet say you do not have to change your number but I think it is lies.

Smart would probably be the better option.

ya its looking like ill change to smart alrite but i might have to wait five weeks to get a new line put in and then another long time to get broadband set up and running. so its looking like i wont have BB for bout 2 months which is just a little bit gay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

blocparty wrote:
    ya its looking like ill change to smart alrite but i might have to wait five weeks to get a new line put in and then another long time to get broadband set up and running. so its looking like i wont have BB for bout 2 months which is just a little bit gay

Do you have to get Smart? A second line might just be paired off your current one meaning no BB on either. If you go with BT you could just change everything to them. Probably cheaper all round and it would make no difference to your folks.

well eircom arent in my are so ya it has to be smart!

Advertisement