Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6680 V Sont k750i

• 26-01-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ive gotta get a new phone and Ive been looking around. Both of these look good....which one should I get ? I think the nokia one looks slightly nicer.

K750I.jpg
    nokia-6680-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Dont kno anything about the nokia but Ive had a K750 since last summer and have to say its the best phone i've ever had and hasnt given any problems. Camera is amazing quality for a phone and though I used to be a great nokia fan I would never go back since having a T610, T630, K700 and K750 I think SE phones are way easier to use. Also since 2Gb Sony Memory sticks are only around €70/80 on ebay you have massive space for videos, films, music etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I work for a tc company and i can guarantee teh 6680 is a much better alternative. Personally, i hate the K750i. it looks horrible, the feel of the buttons is wrong, the screen size isn't great etc. The only downside to the 6680 is its size in that its quite bulky, but its my fave 3G phone by a long way. (That said i use a Samsung Z500 as my personal phone)

pclancy wrote:
    T610, T630, K700 and K750

Oh god, the T610 is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

ianmc38 wrote:
    Oh god, the T610 is horrendous.

erm, okay.

Sorry.

My fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hmm..a vote for each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

it looks horrible, the feel of the buttons is wrong, the screen size isn't great etc

Actually I find, now that I've got used to it, it feels and looks great. The pictures don't really do it justice. I think it's one of the best phones I've had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I have both. The K750i wins hands down on nearly every count in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have had the 6680 since it was released.. I had the SE Z800 before it.. I bought the K750i as I was bored of the 6680..

I sold the K750i within a week as it drove me insane. If you are used to Symbian, it is a complete pain using another UI.

I have owned the SE T610, P910i, Z800 and K750i. I have also owned the Nokia 7650, 7610, 6630 and 6680..

Series 60 all the way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

the K750i has a great camera but whats the point when the screen is tiny. Whereas, despite its bulkier size the 6680 has an incredible screen so you can view your pictures at a decent size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

This probably isnt very helpful as I don't know anything about the K750i but I have a 6680 and would highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I sold the K750i within a week as it drove me insane. If you are used to Symbian, it is a complete pain using another UI.

I found it to the contrary. The Series 60 UI drove me mad. It's soooo slow and user-unfriendly. Of course this is all subjective and dependent on personal preference and what you are used to.

I still have both phones and dig the 6680 out regularly but it invariably drives me mad after a day or two and I go back to the K750i. The media player on the 6680 is rubbish and can't handle high quality video and audio. It's on this front that the K750i is miles ahead of the Nokia. Also there's no radio. If you plan on keeping lots of music and videos on your phone go for the K750i.

Hmm. My last two phones have been the 7650 and the 6600. I like the UI. Maybe I should stick with nokia then.

I was also thinking about the Motorola Razr V3x. Looks pretty....thoughts?

motorola_razr_v3x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

If it is on ready to go get the N70... great phone, 2 megapixel camera, series 60, near VHS video recording, far more RAM than the 6680 so works quicker and only €30 more expensive

swalsh wrote:
    If it is on ready to go get the N70... great phone, 2 megapixel camera, series 60, near VHS video recording, far more RAM than the 6680 so works quicker and only €30 more expensive

Just took a look at the N70... jesus it looks similar to the 6680. Might go for that then. The 6680 looks nicer and a bit smaller... Maybe its not even worth going for the N70.

How does the N70 compare to the 6600 sizewise ?

wp0601_nokian70_03.jpg

I got this myself and it is a tiny and i mean tiny bit smaller, but it is noticalbly lighter....fantastic phone.. and i used to be a se fanatic

swalsh wrote:
    I got this myself and it is a tiny and i mean tiny bit smaller, but it is noticalbly lighter....fantastic phone.. and i used to be a se fanatic

Just looking on ebay and the only N70s i can find are locked to the 3 network. Im either gonna go with the 6680 or the razr I guess.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I recently got a k750i and I love it . I think the 6680 is bulky but does have a nice big screen. I don't know about the v3x but I'm not a big fan of the v3 especially the voda branded ones and I believe that the v3x is thicker than the v3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Tusky wrote:
    Just looking on ebay and the only N70s i can find are locked to the 3 network. Im either gonna go with the 6680 or the razr I guess.
    i cant find the bloody thing myself but the N70 is in vodafones winter catelog so you should be able to get it for them

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

How about the W800i? It's similar to the k750 but is walkman branded and comes with a 512mb memory card. I got one pay as you go from meteor and find it excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The 6680 is a much nicer phone imo. Plus, Symbian offers so much more. So, so, so much more!

If you get the k750i you will have to give up playing N-Gage games, Snes Emulators, and all the other games you can get for Symbian devices which are far superior. :D

You can even play Counter Strike on it, albeit a toned down version but its still CS with full 3d fps gameplay and bots! :D

Even if you don't play games or the like, I find the UI is much better on Nokia Symbian phones over SE. SE are still a nice phone, had a few myself, but Nokia are just that bit...actually alot...better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

N70 is without doubt the best phone my brother has it . I have the 6680 and his wife has the k750 so it has to be nokia n70

plonk wrote:
    N70 is without doubt the best phone my brother has it . I have the 6680 and his wife has the k750 so it has to be nokia n70

nice :)

I dont use my phones as games consoles or mp3 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

Another big vote for the K750i.

I had a Nokia 7650,and two 3650s, then
    got the K750i. It took a few days to get
    used to the different interface, but now
    I wouldn't want to go back.
    The SE phonebook is great
    for easily organising numbers.

The camera is amazing for a phone,
    and you can get a real flash for it.

What might be a decider for you though is coverage.
    The Nokias are 3G, the K750i isn't.

NiallB

So hard to choose! No votes for the Razr I see..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tusky wrote:

I know 2 people with the Razr one hates it and the other loves it. The bluetooth on it is really slow i found.My girlfriend has the 750i and she loves it. She was a Nokia fan but has now changed over. I have used it a good bit and fouind it dead easy after a while getting used to it.

Just make a decision and go with it.

Good Luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tusky wrote:
    So hard to choose! No votes for the Razr I see..

Don't get the razor. I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing somebody is actually thinking about the razr when faced with the choice of a 6680 or k750i as an alternative. :)

Seriously though, the Razr is complete crap. Both models are. Much, much better off with the 750i or 6680....or n70 if you go for it.

Tusky wrote:

Please dont get the Razr. Its another horrible horrible phone. The Nokia N70 is nice. The W800i has only recently come in here for testing. Its got i think 512MB of memory(could be very wrong) and you can use memory cards as well to upgrade the mp3 storage to a few gigs.

6630, 6680 and N70 are all great phones.

V3x/V3 are the pits. The buttons on it are so flat and horrible. Actually, I hate all Motorola phones. The V525 and V550 are totally unreliable for Live usage. the E770 is chubby, dont like the V980. V1050 is about the only Moto phone i like.

The only SE phones that I could actually live with is the V800. Hate the Z600, T610, k700i/k750i/k300i

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i have the k750i, really like it after having various nokia phones for years. the 6800 and n70 are both like bricks in comparison. if you need 3g and the games someone is going on about above and don't mind the extra weight and size, go for one of the nokias.

if you want a nice compact phone, with 2M cam, nice mp3 player and radio setup then it's the k750i. tbh the phones are not aimed at the same market so prob not really a good comparison..

• Advertisement

as i said before i am a SE fanatic and i think the N70 is a savage phone. took videoclips in a nightclub last night and the quality was brilliant, even on the zoom it was better than i expected.
    The only reason that i bought this phone was that the possibility of getting the W900i on vodafone anytime soon is slim but this is a great alternative. if you already have a 6680 there may be little or no point forking over 400 bills for this but if you want a new phone that is top of the 3G range at the moment get the N70

Advertisement