Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The F.A are trying to make football boring.

• 26-01-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

It makes me sick to my teeth to hear today that Gary Neville has been charged with improper conduct for show some passion in the face of the enemy. FFS every player should be entitled to show some passion in the game of football. Its joke the F.A are making the game of football boring to watch nowadays.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im a Liverpool supporter and I agree with you. Tis silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Its ridiculous also that you can be booked for taking off your shirt. WHY?

We all remember , well some of us playing football and scoring a goal , followed by running around the pitch with your shirt on your head like Fabrizio Ravenelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Willem D wrote:
    It makes me sick to my teeth to hear today that Gary Neville has been charged with improper conduct for show some passion in the face of the enemy. FFS every player should be entitled to show some passion in the game of football. Its joke the F.A are making the game of football boring to watch nowadays.

He's been charged because he incited the fans. Read this:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=356428&cc=5739

Gary Neville has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association.

The Manchester United skipper attracted widespread attention with his wild celebrations following Rio Ferdinand's last-gasp winner against Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Neville ran fully 60 yards to launch a fist-pumping, badge-kissing reaction in front of the Liverpool fans.

The 30-year-old has until February 10 to respond, although as the case is not on the FA's new fast-track disciplinary process, it appears the worst he can expect is a heavy fine.

After failing to spot the incident during the game, referee Mike Riley has now viewed video footage and confirmed he would have booked the United man if he had seen what happened.

The FA have also been swayed by the concerns of Greater Manchester Police, which have been expressed both to United and officials at Soho Square.

Neville has received the support of the Professional Footballers' Association, while the full-back himself insisted he could not see what the problem was all about in his regular column in The Times.

'You are caught up in the moment and, for a few seconds, yes, you do go bananas,' he said.

'I laughed when I heard someone say it was not the behaviour of a 30-year-old because they are probably the same people who have accused us of lacking passion in recent games.

'The stick is part of the game. One week you take it on the chin, the next, you give it out.'

Its complete BS, because its not incitement its bleeding passion, could you imagine Stevie G doing the same in Anfield, or Frank Lampard doing the same at the bridge or even Jason Roberts doing it at the JJB. The football world needs its passion or otherwise it would be absolutely boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

thats bloody disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Its complete BS, because its not incitement its bleeding passion, could you imagine Stevie G doing the same in Anfield, or Frank Lampard doing the same at the bridge or even Jason Roberts doing it at the JJB. The football world needs its passion or otherwise it would be absolutely boring.

um....i distinctly remember a small match there last year where liverpool beat chelsea 1 - 0 to progress to the champions league final where stephen gerrard ran to the crowd kissing the liverpool crest. it wasnt the chelsea fans he was doing it to, it was the liverpool ones

what neville did showed no class, surely if he was so passionate he'd want to celebrate with the man u fans, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

He did nothing wrong, whats the difference in that and a player celebrating with his hand to his ear to the opposition fans after getting some stick, it happens every week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The FA are spot on. Running from one end of the pitch to the other with the express aim of taunting rival fans is not only idiotic, it's dangerous. Neville behaved like a fool and the FA are right to come down on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Robbie Fowler did it to the united fans after scoring for city only what 2 weeks ago? nothing came of it, its because its a united player the FA feel the need to make an example of him, typical. If it was Robbie keane in front of Arsenal fans nothing would be thought of it etc.

Its club passion in the face of the enemy.

• Advertisement

johnor wrote:
    Robbie Fowler did it to the united fans after scoring for city only what 2 weeks ago? nothing came of it, its because its a united player the FA feel the need to make an example of him, typical. If it was Robbie keane in front of Arsenal fans nothing would be thought of it etc.

Slight difference there. The game was already over at that stage and Fowler scored the goal in front of United fans - he didn't run 60 yards down the pitch just to them wind them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

There is a difference between passion and incitement, and running that distance to show your "passion" to the oppositions fans can only be deemed as incitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Nah I think it was good call to charge Neville. He was taunting opposition supporters which really isn't on whoever you are imho. You're getting paid to play the game so you should be bigger than the booboys.

However I reckon the FA have it wrong when it comes to players interacting with a teams own supporters in a positive manner. Remember that guy who was sent off a while back (I think it was Robben at Sunderland iirc?) for going up the crowd OF HIS OWN SUPPORTERS and celebrating with them after he'd scored but then got sent off for doing it?

That kind of player participation should actively be enouraged not punished with a booking. I think there's too many players floating around now who have no appreciation or time for the fans or even the clubs they play for. They're building up an invisible wall between the team and the supporters and the bad news for them is that punters who turn up on the Saturday and pay the wages are slowly but surely realising it.

For a gesture like Robbens to be met with punishment I think is just madness and counter-productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This is pathetic.
    Football is being destroyed by PR nonsense.
    Its a farce.
    You have players throwing themselves on the ground feigning injury .Nothing done.
    You have defenders in the penalty box grabbing opposing players around the waist and nearly ripping their shirts off ,nothing done.
    If you so much as raise a finger against a player you will be sent off while 2 footed lunges are commonplace and go unpunished .
    The game is becoming a bore as the emotion is being taken out of it.
    So what if a player gives another player a slight slap or jumps for joy when he scores a goal.
    Passion is what the game needs not bureaucracy.
    The FA is a mess.
    Another English manager has been ousted from his job by PR means,not by results on the pitch.:rolleyes:
    You cant say anything slightly controversial these days ,even if it is true or you will be lambasted.
    Its the old establishment.
    You know what they say about a Gentleman :Someone who says one thing but thinks another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

yawn - united fans' indignation is getting boring.
    I agree with the general thrust of the argument, not being able to celebrate is a bit silly; but I'll get over it...

Indeed, and when you take into account the referee's performance in last night's match against Blackburn, it's a bit of a joke to argue there's a conspiracy against them.

You have players throwing themselves on the ground feigning injury.Nothing done.

When they are caught they are booked.
    You have defenders in the penalty box grabbing opposing players around the waist and nearly ripping their shirts off ,nothing done.

When they are caught, penalties are given.
    If you so much as raise a finger against a player you will be sent off while 2 footed lunges are commonplace and go unpunished.

Massive exaggeration there.
    The game is becoming a bore as the emotion is being taken out of it.

The emotion is not being taken out of it, but players are being discouraged to run 60+ yards to incite rival supporters. I'm quite happy with this.
    So what if a player gives another player a slight slap or jumps for joy when he scores a goal.

Not sure what you mean here. Nobody has ever been punished for a "jump for joy" after scoring a goal.
    Passion is what the game needs not bureaucracy.
    The FA is a mess.

Agreed on both points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I remember a few years ago in Goodison Park Steven G. scoring against Everton and running the lenght of the pitch where Everton fans where sitting with his hand to his ear. I know some people where miffed but I don't think he got in trouble for that ? :confused:

If you are a fan and you are giving a player stick and he turns around and kisses his jersey in front of the away fans they should be man enougfh to take it back. Thats what I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

There will always be a conspiracy against Man Utd and i take it as a compliment to our status, only last week a reporter was asked why United receive so much stick in the press?? its simple he said, thay are the biggest club in England and like it or not they are bigger than the English national team too so everybody wants to see them crumble!!
    As i said i take most of it as a compliment to what we have achieved!!

Yep. It's definately a conspiracy - Mike Riley's secretly behind it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Thierry Henrys Non-Celebration annoys me more than Neville showing that it means something to him

(Liverpool supporter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Indeed, and when you take into account the referee's performance in last night's match against Blackburn, it's a bit of a joke to argue there's a conspiracy against them.

Get over it will ya. Blackburn were played off the pitch last night and lost fair and square, end of story.

There will always be a conspiracy against Man Utd and i take it as a compliment to our status, only last week a reporter was asked why United receive so much stick in the press?? its simple he said, thay are the biggest club in England and like it or not they are bigger than the English national team too so everybody wants to see them crumble!!

ROFL!

They're all out to get you! The FA's stupidity has affected every club in the Premiership at one stage or other. United have not been affected more than everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    ROFL!

They're all out to get you! The FA's stupidity has affected every club in the Premiership at one stage or other. United have not been affected more than everyone else.

Agreed.

It's a brilliant conspiracy - they've turned SAF into an old man! :eek:
    Not sure how they've done it but it was very clever...
    Conspiracy #2 is how they managed to keep the old man on as manager - outstanding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

el rabitos wrote:
    um....i distinctly remember a small match there last year where liverpool beat chelsea 1 - 0 to progress to the champions league final where stephen gerrard ran to the crowd kissing the liverpool crest. it wasnt the chelsea fans he was doing it to, it was the liverpool ones

what neville did showed no class, surely if he was so passionate he'd want to celebrate with the man u fans, no?
    He showed no class? As opposed to the classy away support, chanting about Munich and George Best. Now that's classy.

You know the difference between Utd travelling support and Liverpools?

1) Our lot don't sing such crude songs.
    2) Our lot get goaded by ex Liverpool player, nothing said. Liverpool fans do so, and they spit the dummy.

I'd hate to be one of those fans, able to dish it out but not take it back.

I dont think its matter of being a conspiracy against Man United but its more of conspiracy against the football clubs of England.

You're doing a fine job :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

This is a ridiculous charge. The referee has said that if he saw the incident Neville would have been booked. Fair enough, a bit harsh, but you can accept that. If the ref had booked him that would be the end of the incident - a yellow card, nothing more. Now just because the ref was oblivious to a bookable offence, in his eyes, Neville is being charged with incitement where if found guilty he will inevitably get a ban. Where is the logic in this? If the ref sees it - yellow card, if not the F.A. charge you and you are open to any ban at their discretion. Madness.

• Advertisement

Nunu wrote:
    This is a ridiculous charge. The referee has said that if he saw the incident Neville would have been booked. Fair enough, a bit harsh, but you can accept that. If the ref had booked him that would be the end of the incident - a yellow card, nothing more. Now just because the ref was oblivious to a bookable offence, in his eyes, Neville is being charged with incitement where if found guilty he will inevitably get a ban. Where is the logic in this? If the ref sees it - yellow card, if not the F.A. charge you and you are open to any ban at their discretion. Madness.
    Fully agree with you there - the rules affecting follow up on things the referee does and doesn't see leave a lot to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

who cares .. it's gary ... we all know Scousers hate him .. his family hate him ...

poor Gary :rolleyes: :p:D

Nunu wrote:

The FA's decision has more to do with the concerns of Greater Manchester Police, as Lemlin mentioned above.

Undoubtedly the FA have felt pressured into taking action because of the concerns of the police, but if the police are so concerned with the incident why don't they charge him with a public order offence instead of heaping all the grief onto the FA with their comments. Probably because they know it would be a complete load of bollix charge and it was a nothing incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Incitement to WHAT exactly ? If the Liverpool fans got violent after the celebration they have noone to blame but themselves. Sure, Nevilles celebration was unsporting and I respect him less for it but theres no way action should be taken by the FA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The whole world of football and charging players and managers etc.. is getting beyone a joke. As a player you have to stand there and take all sorts of abuse, slaggings, hand jestures, crude songs and in some cases taking a throw or corner coins and what not being thrown at you. As soon as you do 1 thing in return your put to dock over it!

Are these people so hard that they sing all this crap and shout all this abuse and then get offended when a player hits back? If you can't take it dont give it in the first place. Listening to your on sky sports hearing Liverpool fans who were at the game complain saying it wasn't right it was disrespectful to us. Couldn't have been any more disrespectful than the song they were singing about Munich!

I applaud Neville (as much as I hate him) for the way he acted, he showed passion. We complain so much about having mercinary players only in it for the money yet as soon as someone shows a bit of deep in the vein love for the club we complain again.

Come on people lets remember the game is about passion and commitment lets not take that away too!

I remember a few years back being in Stamford Bridge (chelsea fan) in the Harding end and giving RVN nothing but abuse for an hour. He scored and danced his way up in front of us goading us. That pi$$ed me off. Not because he was doing it but because he got the last laugh. Thats what its really all about as much as we wont admit that.

• Advertisement

Just read this and Andy Gray shares my sentiments almost word for word. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing!

http://home.skysports.com/column.asp?lid=Sky_Sports_Columnist_FA_fudge_leaves_sour_taste_-_Gray&hlid=357482&cpid=8
    FA fudge leaves sour taste - Gray

I've been waiting to see what would happen with the Gary Neville situation. I just felt it would be one of those where the FA would make an issue of it.

That Gary has been charged is a disgrace. I'd be fine with the FA getting in touch with him in private and expressing their view on what was done. But to charge him is ridiculous.

He should receive what players have received in similar instances, what Arjen Robben received the week before, what Robbie Fowler received - a yellow card, which they could give him retrospectively.

Mike Riley has said that if he saw Gary doing what he did he would have booked him and that would have been the end of it. So why charge him? I'm led to believe he will now be fined. Why? Was Robben or Fowler?

But if he was to end up with a ban, that would be madness. As a player who took a hell of a lot of joy out of scoring goals, I know the feelings these moments produce. And sometimes they are uncontrollable.

Gary can afford to pay any fine that comes his way and United could miss him for a match if he is banned, but the real danger is of the game being sanitised into a pale version of itself. I certainly don't want to see that.

You have to ask the question - what are the authorities trying to achieve by doing this? What is the message they are sending out - don't show passion and don't show that you enjoy the game? I hope not.

I accept that there has to be a line which shouldn't be crossed.

Fowler and Neville were wrong to go to the away fans' part of the stadium. If you want to draw a line and say don't celebrate in front of the opposition supporters, I'll go with that. But if you go to your own there should be a bit of latitude.

The fans don't get near the players these days and credit to Robben for giving them something to cherish. He didn't cause any trouble or pose a threat to public order - which is, I presume, the main concern in these situations.

So where's the harm? I know the ref was acting in accordance with the rules but to get a second yellow card and sent off for it was stupidity. These guys haven't done anything you don't see in any other sport.

But I'm not surprised they have hammered Neville. The FA are a body of men who don't make big decisions and are fond of taking the easy way out.

They fudge the big issues and when something doesn't really matter an awful lot they come down hard. Because it's Manchester United v Liverpool, a match where a bit of ill feeling exists, they try to send out the message they're in charge.

Somebody summed up the situation in a nutshell. They said to me: 'You've got two professional managers who have gone public about high-level corruption in the game and the FA have done nothing apart from come down hard on badge kissing'. You couldn't make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

Nunu wrote:
    Undoubtedly the FA have felt pressured into taking action because of the concerns of the police, but if the police are so concerned with the incident why don't they charge him with a public order offence instead of heaping all the grief onto the FA with their comments. Probably because they know it would be a complete load of bollix charge and it was a nothing incident.

How can they charge him with a public order offence? He did it on the pitch which is not considered a public place. If it was considered a public place players could be up for assault such as when andy cole punched a player cant remember who it was but it was when he was playin for Fulham

He showed no class? As opposed to the classy away support, chanting about Munich and George Best. Now that's classy.

You know the difference between Utd travelling support and Liverpools?

1) Our lot don't sing such crude songs.
    2) Our lot get goaded by ex Liverpool player, nothing said. Liverpool fans do so, and they spit the dummy.

do u want a tissue? its not my fault if a handfull of liverpool fans sing what they sing.

robbie fowler scoring against man u then running behind the goal and celebrating is very different to gary neville running the length of the pitch to show liverpool fans the crest on his jersey.

he's been charged, rightfully so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Willem D wrote:
    Its complete BS, because its not incitement its bleeding passion, .

No, ruinning up to the Utd fans would have been passion. Running up to the Liverpool fans (or any fans that are'nt your own) is done to annoy and goad them , ie incite them to do somethign iun retaliation.

If he had gotten a bottle in the head while doing it people woudl be going ape.

So what if a player gives another player a slight slap

When does a slight slap become assault? as far as teh law is concerned there isnt a difference, hitting someone is hitting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

el rabitos wrote:
    do u want a tissue? its not my fault if a handfull of liverpool fans sing what they sing.

robbie fowler scoring against man u then running behind the goal and celebrating is very different to gary neville running the length of the pitch to show liverpool fans the crest on his jersey.

he's been charged, rightfully so.

You're not the brightest bunny are you?

The right full position, inside your own half, to the Left Full position is hardly the length of the pitch now is it?

The fact that you follow Liverpool wouldnt be clouding your judgement on what is a complete non issue. The idea that Gary Neville was inciting something is ridiculous. What was he inciting? Liverpool fans to sing more songs about people dying in plane crashes or for them to sing more personal insults about Gary Neville himself?

Its a non issue. Should Thierry Henry be booked everytime he puts his finger to his lips when he scores to silence the opposition fans then?

Frank Lampard kisses his badge every goal almost, towards opposing fans sometimes.

Ludicrous. Football is going the wrong way in England at least.

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote:
    You're not the brightest bunny are you?

The right full position, inside your own half, to the Left Full position is hardly the length of the pitch now is it?

The fact that you follow Liverpool wouldnt be clouding your judgement on what is a complete non issue. The idea that Gary Neville was inciting something is ridiculous. What was he inciting? Liverpool fans to sing more songs about people dying in plane crashes or for them to sing more personal insults about Gary Neville himself?

Its a non issue. Should Thierry Henry be booked everytime he puts his finger to his lips when he scores to silence the opposition fans then?

Frank Lampard kisses his badge every goal almost, towards opposing fans sometimes.

Ludicrous. Football is going the wrong way in England at least.

So he's reacting to the fans slagging him/the club? is it ten ok if one of teh fans doesnt take kindly to him doing it, jumps out of teh crowd and slaps him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

more than anything im disappointed to hear liverpool fans were singing about munich or george best

(as a liverpool fan myself)

the fact that u (i assume) follow man u would again be clouding ur judgement.

if it was the other way round u would be crying because steven gerrard or something did the same thing

THEN, if no action was taken by the FA you would be saying its a conspiricy against man u again :rolleyes:

god help chelsea if they really are destined to be on top of english football for the next 10 years, because on the odd occasion when they lose they wont have an excuse, man u have used them all at this stage.

from "we couldnt see each other because of the colour of our jerseys" to "its all a conspiracy against us because of our status"

now your moaning because *SOME* liverpool fans were singing about best and munich. jaysus, if it was every man women and child supporting liverpool that was singing, then u have a case, but u cant blanket every liverpool supporter because of a minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

el rabitos wrote:
    "we couldnt see each other because of the colour of our jerseys"

classic :D

Incitement is a load of crap, take a look at the Arsenal game earlier on this week. At the end of the match Dave Whelan walked to the Wigan to celebrate, but before he got to them, the stewards insisted he turn back. My question why ?? They are his Wigan fans what the hell was gonna happen by Dave celebrating a monumental victory with his fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

el rabitos wrote:
    the fact that u (i assume) follow man u would again be clouding ur judgement.

if it was the other way round u would be crying because steven gerrard or something did the same thing

THEN, if no action was taken by the FA you would be saying its a conspiricy against man u again :rolleyes:

Rabito

as Draupnir has correctly stated you are blinded by the fact that you are a pool supporter.

United fans may not like someone like Gerrard waving it in their face if he scored against them but they wouldn't complain to the cops as your lot did after the weekend. Ditto Robbie Fowler who has a history of this thing, doing it again last saturday week. Of course no complaints in the media either (MOTD staffed by ex pooligans and ABUs like Lineker), Alan sour grapes Green (known Anfield season ticket holder so obviously not going to like it when his team loses. Ditto Barwick head of the FA known ABU and pool fan.
    el rabitos wrote:
    god help chelsea if they really are destined to be on top of english football for the next 10 years, because on the odd occasion when they lose they wont have an excuse, man u have used them all at this stage.

Hmmmmm which teams fans said "It was Chelsea" after Heysel? I'll give you a clue they were from the western end of the east Lancs road, about 30 west of Manchester. So it ill behoves you to come the keyboard warrior on here mouthing on about Chelsea and excuses. People in glasshouses and all that.
    el rabitos wrote:
    now your moaning because *SOME* liverpool fans were singing about best and munich. jaysus, if it was every man women and child supporting liverpool that was singing, then u have a case, but u cant blanket every liverpool supporter because of a minority.

We still remember those "witty" scouse banners in the Heysel with "Munich what a night" on them. Little did they know it was going to be a night to remember for all the wrong reasons (especially if you were a Juventus fan). So don't give us the "it's only a couple of scallys laaaaa" your lot have accepted this kind of behaviour for too long for you to brush it off with "it's only a minority" kind of crap. Grow up, accept responsibility for your actions and move on. I realise that it may be hard for you personally to do but I urge you to try it. Who knows you may become a better person?

United fans may not like someone like Gerrard waving it in their face if he scored against them but they wouldn't complain to the cops as your lot did after the weekend. Ditto Robbie Fowler who has a history of this thing, doing it again last saturday week. Of course no complaints in the media either (MOTD staffed by ex pooligans and ABUs like Lineker), Alan sour grapes Green (known Anfield season ticket holder so obviously not going to like it when his team loses. Ditto Barwick head of the FA known ABU and pool fan

rubbish tbh
    Hmmmmm which teams fans said "It was Chelsea" after Heysel? I'll give you a clue they were from the western end of the east Lancs road, about 30 west of Manchester. So it ill behoves you to come the keyboard warrior on here mouthing on about Chelsea and excuses. People in glasshouses and all that

rabble rabble, more rubbish
    We still remember those "witty" scouse banners in the Heysel with "Munich what a night" on them. Little did they know it was going to be a night to remember for all the wrong reasons (especially if you were a Juventus fan). So don't give us the "it's only a couple of scallys laaaaa" your lot have accepted this kind of behaviour for too long for you to brush it off with "it's only a minority" kind of crap. Grow up, accept responsibility for your actions and move on. I realise that it may be hard for you personally to do but I urge you to try it. Who knows you may become a better person?

i would like to take this opportunity to become a better person. *sigh* it was me. i appologise for hand crafting those banners u mention from the heysel stadium, yes, the signs were my idea, i hate mancs, i hate them, i hate they're whole lives. and thats wrong.

i would also like to appologise for every liverpool fan, who i, as leader of the liverpool fans, otherwise known as the deceptacons, take full responsibility for the actions of those who commited hate crimes against man united. clearly its my fault what liverpool fans do

eyerer wrote:
    more than anything im disappointed to hear liverpool fans were singing about munich or george best

(as a liverpool fan myself)

The fact of the matter is, idiots will always be there doing these things, but teh players can't reat to it. Theres plenty of clubs fans who sing about hillsborough, but that doesnt give Liverpool players leave to react to it.

Willem D wrote:
    Incitement is a load of crap, take a look at the Arsenal game earlier on this week. At the end of the match Dave Whelan walked to the Wigan to celebrate, but before he got to them, the stewards insisted he turn back. My question why ?? They are his Wigan fans what the hell was gonna happen by Dave celebrating a monumental victory with his fans.

Seriously stop skipping over posts that you cant argue properly against. No one is giving out about people celebrating with their OWN fans, becaus ethey are doing just that, whereas if Dave Whelan had been running to the Arsenal fans it would have been specifically to goad them and jeer them because Wigan just beat them, thats incitement. He'd have been off whinging to teh fa if it was the Arsenal fans he jeered and one of tehm hopped out of the crowd and smacked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When does a slight slap become assault? as far as teh law is concerned there isnt a difference, hitting someone is hitting them
    Bit of a difference between a clip on the ear and a haymaker to the jaw I think.

Bit of a difference between a clip on the ear and a haymaker to the jaw I think.

Laying your hands on someone is assualt. Theres no excuse for raising your hands to someone on a pitch. I'd be the first to hold my hands up to having had teh odd bloke by the throat in my time, but red cards were deserved none the less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement