Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash Repair - South Dublin

Options
  • 26-01-2006 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Need to get someone to repair my Golf. 2 doors and runner underneath damaged.
    Anyone recommend panel beater/crash repairer, preferably in Cabinteely/Dun Laoghaire area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a guy down by Blackrock DART station. I can't remember his name, but I've heard very good things about him. If you're around, you could just drop in. Get back to me if you're stuck & I'll dig out his name for you.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Cheers,
    I'll be around there Saturday morning. Will swing by. Is he down near the car park? Never noticed a garage round there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Drive past the DART station (it'll be on your right). He's just past it on your left, at a bend in the lane. Just to be clear, I've never used the guy myself, so can say nothing about his work. I have spoken to him though, and he seems nice enough. I do know two people who have used him, and they've both been pretty happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Also a fella just past Bakers Corner who I used to spray and put a spoiler on my car last year.

Tom something is his name, heading for Bakers from Grange Motors say, go through the crossroads and next turn left into an industrial estate and he's in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Thanks for info.
    Ballsies, you talking about the estate opposite the Fire Station, where Ashgrove Interparts, DunLaoghaire Fireplaces are etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

best I've found and I've looked everywhere (trust me on this) was ever ready crash repairs on baggot lane off northumberland Rd. Chap is a legend when it comes to crash repairs. Had to do a job on the other halfs accord.. very good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

garlad wrote:
    Thanks for info.
    Ballsies, you talking about the estate opposite the Fire Station, where Ashgrove Interparts, DunLaoghaire Fireplaces are etc?

Yeh that's the one. I thought he was pretty good and was only 150 quid for spoiler to be sprayed and fitted.

TBH if it's an insurance job, the place I'd go to would be Gerry McGuires on Percy Lane near the Schoolhouse pub. I've used them twice for body damage and been happy. They're not cheap but when you see the type of cars that are in there being worked on you'll see why they can ask for that bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

theres a good repair guy in cabinteely,hes done 2 cars that i have seen & he done an A1 job on both(98 Almera + 00 Astra).
    coming from the lights in C/teely towards johnstown rd,just past the entrance to C,comuinity school on the right there is a house on its own.
    thats were he works from & live i think.:D

Advertisement