Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

software help

Options
  • 26-01-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

i want some software so that i can record guitar and add drums (not just samples) and maybe synths and stuff. i am just an amateur.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Do you want to record real drums? What sort of hardware do you have?

Options, software-wise, would be the likes of Adobe Audition, Cubase SX and, depending on how much you want to spend, Pro-Tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cormhag

no, electronic drums. thanks. i dont have anything special, just a year old dell and a microphone, i am happy to record off the mic as the quality is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Try steinberg cubase SL3, cakewalk sonar home studio, mackie tracktion. All basic packages aimed at the budget conscious beginner, but containing a lot of powerful features. Personally, I'd recommend sonar for ease of use. All the above should have demo versions available so you can try before you buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

I second sonar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Get a decent soundcard and a small mixer/preamp if you want to record from guitar, vocals and V-drums

• Advertisement
Advertisement