Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small cat in need of a good home anyone?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have, or happen to know someone that has a small
    cat that needs a good home?
    I have tried the local SPCA, but they only have adult cats, and this
    has to get used to be in the house.
    It won't happen unless it is a baby, or very young cat.
    We have had many cats in the past, and have experience with
    them, so, if you know anyone, please just give me a buzz.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

An adult cat can settle as a house cat just as easily as a kitten, all mine were adopted as adults and one of them had lived as an outdoor farmcat for the first 4 years of his life. Have a look at petsireland, there are one or two kittens there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

If you can wait a couple of months the SPCAs will be swarming with kittens. But Arcadian's right, any cat will adjust to being indoors given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sesheta

Got a three month old kitten from a charity called Kitten Aid based in the Dublin region. They only deal with young cats and kittens and were absolutely brilliant when we contacted them looking for a pet. They also helped me home a kitten I rescued locally. I have the contact details for Jan the woman who runs them if you pm me. Just checked and the group are called the Kitten Adoption Service.
    Hope this helps,
    Sesheta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭New_Here

Arcadian wrote:
    An adult cat can settle as a house cat just as easily as a kitten, all mine were adopted as adults and one of them had lived as an outdoor farmcat for the first 4 years of his life. Have a look at petsireland, there are one or two kittens there at the moment.

I did check Petsireland, and thought I might get the white kitten... :o
    But it was re-homed already, or at least, so it seems...
    Thanks for the advice, but, I'll still go with my experience ;)
    We'll still be on the l:eek:kout for a small cat.
    Thanks

Manny7 wrote:
    If you can wait a couple of months the SPCAs will be swarming with kittens.

Thanks, I told my wife that, and so did Felicity (our local SPCA contact)

• Advertisement

Sesheta wrote:
    Got a three month old kitten from a charity called Kitten Aid based in the Dublin region. They only deal with young cats and kittens and were absolutely brilliant when we contacted them looking for a pet. They also helped me home a kitten I rescued locally. I have the contact details for Jan the woman who runs them if you pm me. Just checked and the group are called the Kitten Adoption Service.
    Hope this helps,
    Sesheta

Grand!!!
    Thanks, PM'd you.
    Do they (Kitten Adoption Service) have a website?
    We're in the West :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

The little white girl on Petsireland has been found a home, here's kitten adoptions link and also irishanimals cats page.

http://www.kittenadoption.ie/

http://www.irishanimals.ie/cat_homes.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

Alot of vet clinics have kittens for rehoming too, always good to look there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

We have a 12 year old cat that lived outdoors for 11 years until we decided to switch her to mostly indoors recently, and she's fine. Cats are really adaptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

the white kitten oh petsireland is actually with me and I have found it a new home. It will be leaving in 2 weeks time.

If you check out hyyp://.www.kittenadoption.ie or http://www.irishanimals.ie you should also ring Jan in kitten adoption she may not have all the cats up on her website

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for your help.
    We have found a nice lady, that "accepted" living with us.
    Thanks for all your replies and comments.

Advertisement