Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpBB2 database connection error?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hi, I installed a phpBB2 forum on one of my sites and all was working fine before Christmas. However, now I get 'Critical Errors' saying I can't connect to the database.

I haven't changed anything at all since it was last working. The site isn't live yet so I just left it idle for the last few weeks.

My host reckons it could be to do with setting it up under an ip address (rather than an absolute path I presume :confused: ).

Is there an easy way to check this? I know under 'Administrator' in the forum itself I can change the path, but I can't access the forums so I'm just looking for a different way to see the settings? Anyway I'm sure I didn't set it as an ip address so if anyone has any other suggestions as to the cause?

I haven't done anything major to the forum other than adding a new style so I'm not bothered if I have to do a fresh install. I just there might be a quick way to check things before I do.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Post the full critical error.

Have you done a Google search?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Yeah, did a google for it. Found nothing really. I re-installed it anyway so it's cool for now. Thanks!

Advertisement