Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Problem

Options
  • 26-01-2006 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

So I went to an AIB ATM at the weekend , I am a BOI customer , anyway went to draw X amount of money , the card came back out but no money , the guy behind me used it then and he had no problem , So I used the BOI machine in a different part of the town next , Got the money but the mini receipt had down that I took out that amount twice.

Ive rang Banking 365 4 times since the weekend and there giving me a different story every time I call , They even hung up on me once , Im just wondering has anybody had this problem and how long did it take to rectify?

Now im not that stuck for the money but its my money and 365 giving me a different story every time I ring is`nt exactly helping matters.

Any Advice?

I had a supervisor in banking 365 tell me Id been given false advice and itd take 2 days , 2 days later no go , so the next girl tells me I need to ring either my Bank or the AIB Bank with the dodgy ATM.Another girl told me they knew there was a fault with the machine and itd take 2 hours to sort :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Call their complaints department if they have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    So I went to an AIB ATM at the weekend , I am a BOI customer , anyway went to draw X amount of money , the card came back out but no money , the guy behind me used it then and he had no problem , So I used the BOI machine in a different part of the town next , Got the money but the mini receipt had down that I took out that amount twice.

It's a bit late, but anytime something like this happens, i call up the phone banking to confirm if the machine actually took money.

Your Local branch will have to sort it out. Phone them again, (take note of whom you speak to). They are the only people who can sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I rang banking 365 20 minutes after it happened and the girl told me that machine was broke and itd be back in my account later that day.

So I assumed the info I was given was correct :rolleyes: Bloody banking 365.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The same happened to my dad to the tune of 400euro. It was the BOI machine in parnell st in question at that time. He had a similar experience as you with the banks. About a week later he eventually got the money put back into his account. My advise is keep on to them and also find out if the aib back machine was over by the amount you had withdrawn.

Yea I left a message with AIB but they never got back to me , whats so annoying is that lot in banking 365 talking down to me every night when I phone them.

400 euro , Id be going mad if it was that much!

• Advertisement

Just rang them again and now their telling me to ring the branch , this is just great , Ive lost the little bit of faith I had in banking 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 grizi

I had a similar problem, well it didn't turn out to be a problem at all:

I withdrew money from an ATM in a Supermarket and as I wanted a large amount and the thing is limited to €120, I had to do it a few times. One of the times it didn't work and I was a bit worried.

Anyway, it was a sunday and I didn't do anything about it and a few days later, I checked 365online.ie and they had showed both the withdrawal and adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Anything like this, your first port of call should be the branch

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This happened me a couple of years ago. I tried to take money from a BOI ATM and never got it. As an AIB customer I called 24 hour banking and the amount had been debited from my account. I immediately went to my own bank and they contacted BOI on my behalf. Had the money back in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I had that problem in the early days of TSB accounts being linked to AIB ATMs. I was trying to take out money and it kept increasing my (positive) balance.

• Advertisement

Well it`l be 2 weeks saturday , Ive rang Banking 365 eight times, called the branch 3 times and still No Money.

Im really really pissed about this now , I ring every day , usually cant get anyone at the branch due to me working the same hours as them , then I ring 365 , everyday I get the same story but still No Fìng money gone back into the account .

BOI customer care really Leaves a lot to be desired :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

forget rining called to the branch in person, much harder to shift you when you are there in person

Nuttzz wrote:
    forget rining called to the branch in person, much harder to shift you when you are there in person

Looks like thats what I`ll end up doing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 grizi

yeah, that's a real problem and it's kinda catch 22 - you'll lose time at work to get money back from the bank - you could end up losing even more financially.

I was going to say there should be some sort of system and indeed there is (I assume that you need to address BOI because they are ultimately responsible for your account)

This is from http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/help/contact_us/customer_care/index.html#doclink8

For complaints/issues

We are committed to resolving all complaints if possible through our complaints procedures, which are as follows.

Stage 1 Most complaints can be resolved at the initial point of contact ie Branch/Business Unit, as the staff in these areas are best qualified to deal with your complaint quickly and efficiently.

Stage 2 Contact the Customer Care Unit either by phone, post or email. We will do our utmost to ensure that your complaint is dealt with immediately and resolved to your satisfaction.

To assist you with your query, please select from the contact details below:

Stage 3However, if for any reason you are dissatisfied with the response you receive from the Customer Care Unit the Ombudsman for Credit Institutions is an independent adjudicator established to deal with such unresolved cases.

Contact Details:

The Ombudsman for Credit Institutions
    8 Adelaide Court
    Adelaide Road
    Dublin 2

Tel: +353 1 478 3755

or

Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority
    P.O. Box 9138
    College Green
    Dublin 2

Tel: +353 1 410 4000
    Fax: +353 1 410 4900

Please note that, in addition to the Internet, the Customer Care Unit may also be contacted in the following ways:

CallSave Telephone Number
    1850 753 357/ + 353 1 6615933 (from abroad)
    (9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday)

By email at - careline@boimail.com

Address:
    Customer Care Unit
    Bank of Ireland
    Head Office
    Lower Baggot Street
    Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would go for a snail mail option as you will have a hard copy record of your complaint. In all fairness this matter should have been resolved by the branch in a few days and not drag on. I would send a letter and await the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I work in one of the above mentioned banks, your were badly treated by banking 365 they should have told you to contact your own branch, on the day of the transaction ( or non transaction in your case) the bank can do nothing to help you that day as they need atm id numbers etc, which will not show up on your account until the day after even though the withdrawal will for obvious reasons.

YOur bank will then fill out an atm query, which goes to dublin and will then take up tp ten days to process, the branch basically have to see if the atm from which you didnt recieve your money balanced. Balancing of atms machines is usually only done once a week, and then you are relying on effective communication between the aib and BOI which is rare.

I deal with this most days so the bottom line is go to your own branch and tell them you have an atm query.

also lodge a complaint about the way you were handled, its just not good enough. good luck

Ya GOGO Im only dealing with my branch form here on in , the girl Im dealing with there called me yesterday and said shes waiting to here back form AIB Dublin.

I will never again call 365 unless absolutely necessary , I cant believe how I was spoken to by some of the people in there , Like some days I go in to work myself not wanting to be there but if I spoke to any of my clients on the phone the way that those representatives spoke to me Id hear about it.

Right folks , I finally got the money back , Im absolutely disgusted with the way BOI dealt with the matter and I still cant believe how long it took and how many phone calls and rude people I had to go through to get my money back.

Im currently looking into moving all my accounts to BOS , I dunno maybe all banks are the same , maybe not but as far as BOI and Customer care go Im completely disgusted and have lost all faith in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fair play to you for keeping at them. I hope you let them know how disgusted you are with them.

I did but I felt a bit bad because the last girl I dealt with was really nice and actually managed to pull the finger out and get something done , I was going to make an official complaint about banking 365 but then I thought whats the bloody point , I swear I never thought Id be spoken to in that manner by people paid to work for a supposed customer support line , the attitude of ''why are you ringing me'' really was something else .

Im actually just disgusted by the whole thing to be honest :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

keep at them to get ur money back.

Advertisement