Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Incident in Doyle St

Options
  • 26-01-2006 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Reports coming in of major incident at Yellow Road end of Doyle St
    Early reports are that there was a shooting between two factions with armed Gardai moving in and blocking off the whole area , local knowledge has it local teenagers involved ,
    People have been taken away in ambulances and paddy wagons .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I was near Hillview and was wondering what was going on when I heard a few sirens.

A shooting..crikey... we really need to nip the crime element of this city now before it gets out of control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

The most frightening part is the alleged culprits are only about 15 or 16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭decies

why arent thoes scumbags in prison!!!!!!
    Perhaps there socially deprived!!!!!!!

Just after hearing that the person in the house involved was also involved in the stabbing last week , it was the female I hear , not saying the two are involved but there was meant to be strange people coming and going there all week

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jasus what is our city coming too. First we had a stabbing last week, then the rape over the weekend and now this...

• Advertisement

Looks like we'll all have to move to Limerick , its safer there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steady on lads, we don't know nothin' yet. Clearly something bad has happened but it sounds like the Gardai are on top of it which is more than was the case in Limerick till the heavy mob were sent in.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 theblaahead

any more updates lads? im working up in limerick. gf text me about this.

Well all is quiet on scanner. No mention of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

No shots were fired and nobody was injured

• Advertisement

According to Gardai no shots were fired in this incident. They were responding to a call saying somebody was shot dead. Armed plain clothed guards and uniformed members made 4 arrests at the scene.

wlr 7pm gardai confirm no shots fired nobody injured.
    a few arrested including two woman.
    would you say drink was involved :eek: :eek:

Latest I heard is the "people" known to be staying there are known drug dealers from Wexford , the woman who has the house from the corporation has been letting all kinds of lowlifes stay there over the last few months and they have been causing mayhem for the mainly elderly neighbours .
    She was the woman involved in the stabbing last week but this seems not to be related

i repeat no shots ,no injuries,nothing to see here.
    move on now.

Typical we get all excited 'hey we're just like a proper city - armed thugs and everything!' and it turns out to be a damp squib. Thankfully.

Mike.

Footnote: Drug dealers should be shot and rapists as well for that matter.
    And now for the weather waterford 3 deg cel and cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

waterford needs a gang culture to raise its profile as a city. Nobody cares about Nissan Ads and roads to Dublin and the likes....a few armed robberys and one or two drive bys will suffice.

I'm looking to start off my own gang, so if your interested PM me. Thanks

Can I be the 'wheel man'? I got a black Merc! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

k, but you'll need to go by the alias Mike the Mechanic, if your down with that then you can join my pose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Whats the woman involved in the stabbing last week doing at home? Id much prefer if she was locked away somewhere thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

k, but you'll need to go by the alias Mike the Mechanic, if your down with that then you can join my pose!

Can I be in on this action? I'm a fairly big guy, I could be the tough one, u know, roughing people up for protection money, that kind of skylarkings.

Also as you can plainly see I'm well up on the gangland industry, and the lingo......you could call me Lantern-Jaw jack...and i could wear a cape...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

waterford needs a gang culture to raise its profile as a city. Nobody cares about Nissan Ads and roads to Dublin and the likes....a few armed robberys and one or two drive bys will suffice.

I'm looking to start off my own gang, so if your interested PM me. Thanks

At it again rollo, off trying to start up a gang again..were ya not trying to set one up on our own site there a few weeks ago.??? we'll have to keep an eye on you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭googie

decies wrote:
    why arent thoes scumbags in prison!!!!!!
    Perhaps there socially deprived!!!!!!!

Is that a serious comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Talaghn

Trotter wrote:
    Whats the woman involved in the stabbing last week doing at home? Id much prefer if she was locked away somewhere thanks very much!

She has 'a mental illness' and at the time she was being treated but she should be done for both crimes now! My uncle is along that street i got the fright of me life when i heard!

If she has a "mental illness" she should'nt be living in the general population and terrorising ordinary people trying to go about their lives .

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Wickla in Blaa

anyway back to this gang, lol. will just one of you be caped or all of you? That could be your 'thing' , your 'gang colours' so to speak

"The caped criminals made their way past the Istanbul Kebab shop at high speed and escaped in a black mercedes in the Dunmore direct gardai are looking for witnesses, more on the news at ten"

Advertisement