Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia N70 Vodafone Live! Settings...

• 26-01-2006 8:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I picked up a Nokia N70 today and it won't connect to vodafone live. It give's me the following error "Packet Data: Packet Data not available. Check Network settings" Anyone know a quick solution before I go ringing Vodafone tomorrow?
    Thanks
    LoGiE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

No idea about your problem but...what do you think of the N70 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

LoGiE wrote:
    I picked up a Nokia N70 today and it won't connect to vodafone live. It give's me the following error "Packet Data: Packet Data not available. Check Network settings" Anyone know a quick solution before I go ringing Vodafone tomorrow?
    Thanks
    LoGiE

Ring Vodafone now?

I don't know how they can justify charging what they are for this phone...a lightly better camera and memory and it's 269 for an upgrade and 679 new?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

fade2black wrote:
    Ring Vodafone now?

I don't know how they can justify charging what they are for this phone...a lightly better camera and memory and it's 269 for an upgrade and 679 new?

****ing hell, i was gonna get one of these over the nokia 6680 but cant find the bloody thing anywhere. anyone know where there on sale in dublin:confused: to be honest i only really want it for the video function and i here the two meg camera DOESNT connect to that. so whats the story, what resolution is the vid?
    im on ready to go with vodaphone and ive got a horrible feeling its gonna be 679 for from what you guys are saying is only a slightly better vid that doesnt go 2mp and a built in radio.
    so i dont know, what phone do you guys reckon i should get. im open to ANY one that ISNT a flip up one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Whats all this €679 nonsense? I bought mine for €249. It cost the same amount as the last phone I bought, a 6230 when it was released in August 2004. So far I'm very impressed. I'm still figuring out a lot of the functions but the mp3 volume is definitely better then the 6230 mp3 function. The radio is the same old thing. I've attached a photo I took with it earlier and the video is very good imo.
    26012006002.jpg

thanks man, looks great :) i was going by the previous post for the price but that said they are flogging it on play.com at around the 650 mark.
    the 6680 is going for 349 in my area so i reckon it'll prob be pushing379 or around that when i can GET one (serious cant find it anywhere) that'd put it the same price as the motorola v3x.
    thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

The N70 is available on VF prepay at €399 - online €389 - although there seems to be stock issues - it was out of stock online yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

There was a slight problem with 3G in some areas of the country yesterday...seems to be sorted today..if you are still having problems go into you nearest vodafone store or ring them

pj_samba wrote:
    The N70 is available on VF prepay at €399 - online €389 - although there seems to be stock issues - it was out of stock online yesterday

thanks man:) , seen it myself today in grafton street. the vodafone shop near trinity had no display model:rolleyes: but the one near the green does. 399euro seems a bit steep but its only 55 more than the 6680 so i still might get it. wonder why its so hard to get?. the display model is a bit ropey too (DIDNT like the keypad) but that probably is because its a lousy model. some of the stuff they put up is almost falling apart:D
    the only REAL issue i have is the slide cover for the camera at the back. just looks tacky, particularly compared to the 6680. and i wouldnt like it if it gets loose.
    anyone know it there are issues with the cover:confused: is it strong enough

My girlfriend has a 6680 and she reckons the slide cover is off a much better quality on the N70. I tend to agree with her. Check out a few reviews before you make your mind up. Many of them mention the camara slide cover as one of the improvments over the 6680.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

LoGiE wrote:
    Whats all this €679 nonsense? I bought mine for €249.

Where did you get it for 249?
    Ebay?

• Advertisement

The_Edge wrote:
    Where did you get it for 249?
    Ebay?
    In a vodafone store. I went with perfect fit 400 as I make quite a few calls in a month so that obviously affected the price. My vodafone live is now working perfectly as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

thanks man:) , seen it myself today in grafton street. the vodafone shop near trinity had no display model:rolleyes: but the one near the green does. 399euro seems a bit steep but its only 55 more than the 6680 so i still might get it. wonder why its so hard to get?. the display model is a bit ropey too (DIDNT like the keypad) but that probably is because its a lousy model. some of the stuff they put up is almost falling apart:D
    the only REAL issue i have is the slide cover for the camera at the back. just looks tacky, particularly compared to the 6680. and i wouldnt like it if it gets loose.
    anyone know it there are issues with the cover:confused: is it strong enough

I'm stuck between these two mobiles too! Was convinced the 6680 was for me. Now it's the N70, with lovely Symbian.

ethernet wrote:
    I'm stuck between these two mobiles too! Was convinced the 6680 was for me. Now it's the N70, with lovely Symbian.

OK im gonna come off as a complete novice but whats symbian :confused: i have a sonny ericcson f500i (really good vid for such an old phone:) ) and from what i can glean its a different sysetem. so help a newbie out :o

beside that the built in radio is whats attracting me to the N70 over the 6680 (and obiviosly the increase in vid /photo resolution) im not really into downloading mp3s seeing as i listen to talk radio more (addicted to newstalk) so the possibility of dumping the walkman and saving a fortune on batteries is appealing to me:D anyone know if you get head phones with the N70 or is it a buy separetly deal (god my spellings falling apart, i need a kip:) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It comes with headphones for the radio.

Got the N70 last week - nice phone but two things are annoying me about it.

1. The standard Nokia charger will not fit it. It comes with an adapter that you must use for the standard nokia charger to fit.

2. It doesn't have a plain 'ring ring' ringtone!

Only small issues - aside from that am very happy with the phone. Seems to perform on the 3G network much better than the 6630 I had.

mick_irl wrote:

1. The standard Nokia charger will not fit it. It comes with an adapter that you must use for the standard nokia charger to fit.

Only small issues - aside from that am very happy with the phone. Seems to perform on the 3G network much better than the 6630 I had.

Yeah I thought it was strange they changed the connection type. I suppose i'll keep the new one at home and bring the adapter into the office. I'd say all the new nokia's will have the smaller charger from now on.
    The 'ring ring' ringtone can be found free on a few sites afaik

mick_irl wrote:

thanks guys, i alway feel like a twat asking these things in a store so its nice to see how helpful you guys are.

looks like its the N70 for me, sounds better by the post :)

Advertisement