Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Keyed" Driver Door

Options
  • 26-01-2006 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Well, was back at the petrol station shopping, parked the car. When I came out, this guy was running frantically around my car and shaking the air pump all over the place. I go to get into my car, he says "can you move I need to pump my car", and I say sure and go to unlock my car. First thing I see is a fairly large scratch going across the driver's door.... Bolox I thought and it must have been him with a key before he got the pump. To be honest, I was parked right in front of the pump but there was nowhere else to park! I was only 10 mins inside as well...

Anyway, statement given to Guards... They said it's his word against mine...Except they will check out the CCTV, (which will obviously show who did it). Guards did a check on the vehicle owner and found out he was a known "pup".

Hope they get this guy for this, this is totally unacceptable just because he couldn't wait 5 mins till I get back :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Well, was back at the petrol station shopping, parked the car. When I came out, this guy was running frantically around my car and shaking the air pump all over the place. I go to get into my car, he says "can you move I need to pump my car", and I say sure and go to unlock my car. First thing I see is a fairly large scratch going across the driver's door.... Bolox I thought and it must have been him with a key before he got the pump. To be honest, I was parked right in front of the pump but there was nowhere else to park! I was only 10 mins inside as well...

Anyway, statement given to Guards... They said it's his word against mine...Except they will check out the CCTV, (which will obviously show who did it). Guards did a check on the vehicle owner and found out he was a known "pup".

Hope they get this guy for this, this is totally unacceptable just because he couldn't wait 5 mins till I get back :mad:

Well in fairness, I wouldn't have scratched your car but I would be waiting for you to give you a piece of my mind! Do you park in disabled car parking spaces when there no others spaces close enough to the door for you? Perhaps not, but people who park stupidly, irritate and infuriate me.

Having said all that, you didn't deserve to have your car scratched and I hope that guy is caught and dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

No there was nowhere else to park. Am I supposed to stop on the road? And everyone always parks there. I deliberatly DIDN'T park in the disabled spaces, although I did see some free...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Assuming it was him that did it (sounds like it), he must be both psycho & stupid. I'd stay away from that petrol station for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

No there was nowhere else to park. Am I supposed to stop on the road? And everyone always parks there. I deliberatly DIDN'T park in the disabled spaces, although I did see some free...

You have my sympathy Woverine_1999 - nasty thing to happen. I don't think there is any difference in parking at the air/water supply and leaving one's car parked at the pumps while paying for fuel. You were a customer also. Good luck.:)

He seemed VERY aggitated when I came to the car, and I was there with my girlfriend and thought he might get violent if I approached him...

Apparently, he is a known troublemaker in his area... I've never seem him around here before though, and you nearly know everyone everytime you go to the petrol station...

Well, we'll see what happens. The Guards had a look at the scratch and said that it wasn't "too" serious and just needs a patching up. It's just the whole situation (bringing it to garage...e.t.c)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

py2006 wrote:
    Well in fairness, I wouldn't have scratched your car but I would be waiting for you to give you a piece of my mind! Do you park in disabled car parking spaces when there no others spaces close enough to the door for you? Perhaps not, but people who park stupidly, irritate and infuriate me.

Having said all that, you didn't deserve to have your car scratched and I hope that guy is caught and dealt with.

What? How do you know he parked stupidly?

People have no patience these days. But this guy sounds like a scumbag. I'd be wary of people who are too hyper, they are likely on something. The if the guards say its not worth pursuing, consider it. He might have nothing else to do except find you car and do worse damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

That's a real annoying thing to happen dude. I hate when people are like that. now i must say one time a guy parked in such a way that he completely blocked my door on the driving side (and i went mad and shouted at him kind of abusively but would never have damaged his van). I couldnt get in the passenger side as i'd parked in real close to the wall because i didnt want to block the whole place up (was in a old BMW 735 from the 80s which is huge and the car park was really full and i was in an odd spot). My fiiend was in the car and she siad to him dont park there the driver will be back in a minute but he gave her the finger and said "tough". There's about 15 places he could have gone into near there so i waithe to see if he'd come out rather than looking for him.
    I was there for half an hour at least before tge cheeky little f*cker came back, put some things in the van and, get this, looked at me, saw me gesture to indicate i'd no space , then heard me say it, ignored me, said "...story." and made to head off agan. at which point i roared at him "get the f*ck back here you cheecky bastard and move the van. He got a fright and ranted on about how he'd call the gards because i was "attacking" him for no reason (i didnt touch him, just shouted because he'd been abusive to my friend, which he admitted, and had blocked me in because of his ognorant parking.) . He then got in the van and revved madly away.
    Normally I'm not very confrontational but this guy really annoyed me.
    It's one thong giving out when someone ignorantly and rudely blocks you in, or In your case, You're rightly angry about the scratcing on your car, but some little idiot who'd scratch your car over not being able to use the air line in an overcrowded car park deserves a right kick in the arse

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

py2006 wrote:

WTF??
    Con_316 wrote:
    You're rightly angry about the scratcing on your car, but some little idiot who'd scratch your car over not being able to use the air line in an overcrowded car park deserves a right kick in the arse.

Exactly, I don't know how I'd have acted, but what that little sh!t done was wrong.

Just was back a the petrol station and they said they have a "Top Class" CCTV system in place. Should be easy to see who did the damage.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Such an irritating thing to happen. I have an 05 black 206 and there's a really bad key mark on the drivers door in the shape of a cross and one across the boot. Some people are so ******* spiteful. I'd love to have caught one of the people in the act, I really really would! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The worst part is that there's no real recourse for it. Hopefully you get some comeback with the CCTV Wolverine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That sort of behaviour really annoys me, very immature.
    It is understandable that he might have been a little pee-ed off that you parked in front of the air pump .. but for Gawd sake, damaging your car for it, that is nothing short of bad tempered and insane behaviour.

I hope you catch him. I once saw someone reverse into someone's car, get out and take a look .. get back in and drive off. I took the reg details - and left my mobile number on the person's car. "Ring me - I have the reg number of the person who crashed into your car".

Some people would make you sick

Advertisement