Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

V800 "Update Service"

• 26-01-2006 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Does the update service update the phones software as in updating the previous firmware?I wana get rid of the Vodafone crap on mine and was wondering is that what it does?

Also I need to get a special cable that connects to the bottom rather than the mini Usb and was wondering will this:http://www.datakits.co.uk/store/product_info.php/products_id/331?osCsid=1ad0b27c921fc80549755a7ffee236e7 do the job.

According to the Software Update manuel a deskstand or a Dcu 60 cable is needed which I have but it doesn't fit in the V800.But when I launch the Update service it asks what type of port the phone has.Judging from the pictures it shows one is the same as my W800i and the other is the same as my V800.It doesnt mention anything about the Dcu-11 cable which is used for the v800 in the manuel so if I but this cable will it work?

Cheers.

Also it does mention on Se's site that the Update Service is compatible with the V800.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Update Service will not get rid of the Vodafone software. You need to get the phone reflashed completely. Google for Kobonetshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Cheers.I did a bit of googling alright.I upgraded my W800i's software using the Update serice and it went smoothly so I thought It can be done the exact same way for the v800 if i got the right cable but i cant be done that way since being on Vodafone.

Advertisement