Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winters pub - Dundrum Town Centre

• 26-01-2006 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed that the pub has finally opened.
    It's just to the left of the cinema entrance.
    Only walked by it, but looked very dark inside.
    Small heated patio for the smokers facing onto the main Sandyford road, and saw a chalk sign with "Live Djs til late".
    So, any feedback?
    Music, prices, crowd etc?

Also noticed the nightclub doors are right beside it. No idea when that opens..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

whiskeyman wrote:
    Just noticed that the pub has finally opened.
    It's just to the left of the cinema entrance.
    Only walked by it, but looked very dark inside.
    Small heated patio for the smokers facing onto the main Sandyford road, and saw a chalk sign with "Live Djs til late".
    So, any feedback?
    Music, prices, crowd etc?

Also noticed the nightclub doors are right beside it. No idea when that opens..

I've been in a few times now.
    It is dark enough inside and is quite small. Can't remember what music was played any time I've been in though.
    The crowd is slightly older, I'm 19 and reckon I could have been the youngest there every time I've been in.Very mixed.
    Never had much of a wait for a drink either and the lounge staff give a quick and friendly service as well. Except one girl whos a rude b1tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

I asked and the big opening of the club is apparently on Paddys night....only been to the pub wasnt that impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I've been there the last two weekends (Match Point sold out twice, it's a Woody Allen film for feck's sake!).

It's a pretty nice place. Very different from anything else in Dundrum. You get the feeling like you could be in town. Staff are friendly, didn't pay attention to the price. Both times I was there they had a DJ. Pretty standard set, nothing too unusual, but thankfully played at a level where you can still converse readily enough with your mates.

The crowd were pretty decent too. Apparently it's dead during the day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Was there again on Friday night.
    Pint of Heineken was €4.60, Guiness was €4.40.
    Decent crowd, again all appeared older than me except for a few girls.
    According to the sign on the door its now "strictly over 23s" though I had absolutely no problem getting in.
    There was a Dj there also, played usual chat-ish music but as Earthhorse said it was played at a level where you could still talk to people without having to constantly raise your voice.
    The place was jammed but there was still no waiting for a drink or anything, very quick bar service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Place really has the best service in the area,the bar staff are really fast and seem to be enjoying what they are doing which is nice for a change!
    I was told that the club will be open on Paddys weekend which will be nuts as it will be the only half decent club in the area.
    I have also been in there a few times during the day and it is busy enough but from what I have heard they will have a food running soon so that should help pick the place up during the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Was in there today, barman was really sound - served us even though we didnt have id (we went in straight from work) Told us if the main boss was working, we wouldnt have gotten in but he recognized us, so we were grand!

Nice pub, will definately be going back, if they continue to serve me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrbump

only been there once to meet a friend and his work party from a certain big name company in the area as one of the staff was leaving but i'm not gonna be back anytime soon.

Basicly after the party (of at least 20 ppl aged from early 20's to late 30's) had been there for 2 hours or so then the barmanager decides to be a total cock and kick out one of them because he had an ear ring in, I mean come on. funnily enough the bouncer was cool about the situation but hands were tied due to the manager being totally child like in attitude, needless to say we took a photo of the door policy which mentioned nothing about jewlery or anything of the sort and the entire party left. the guy in question I believe is pondering on lodging a complaint about this discrimination. in the long term the pub has probably lost a lot of business as it would have become a regular spot for the staff from the company and would probably have been used for any future company events. all because of the managers attitude and inability to handle the situation with some professionalsm and just being antagonising instead of diffusing the situation. (bar staff themselves seemed cool enough though)

funnilly enough the bar accross from it above harvey nicholes in the shopping centre was a much more pleasent experiance and would reccommend it over this pretentious hole anyday of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SequinStiletto

Anyone know if Winters is having a Junior cert results night club? Heard they were but not sure bou pricings and the likes... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Don't resurrect old threads.

Ring them, they'll tell you if they have something on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Advertisement
Advertisement