Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Whats the story with this week,Is it scheduled to happen at all this year or has it been taken away from us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

UCD is too cool to have a rag week.

Wasn't one last year anyway and I have haven't heard anything about one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

mickomack wrote:
    Whats the story with this week,Is it scheduled to happen at all this year or has it been taken away from us?

taken away this is my third year here and there hasnt been a rag week since ive been here*

[ unless u count the weeks when my female mates are on the blob:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i say we rebel and get it back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Anto Kelly promised one in his manifesto thing for the SU elections last year. But he probably wont follow through on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Well I'm pretty sure we're actually having one this year. It remains to be seen if it will be up to Galway or Cork standards but there should be one as far as I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

has there not been one most years but it's been a pile of crap, you just see the odd poster around the place saying 'by the way it's rag week'?
    Not having made it to any of the other colleges rag weeks I'd hate to go the whole way through college without experiencing one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

its the last week of term, 6-10th march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

If UCD dont have a rag week im gona head over to DIT (bolton street), they have a mad time over their!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

What exactly does a 'rag week' consist of? And why do we need someone to tell us when we can have one? We can just decide amongst ourselves that next week is rag week...and then have one every week for the rest of the term!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

We ARE having a rag week this week. Apparently Rag stands for Raise A Grand (UCD has had faculty days instead, but most pantently don't work). Ag is the only faculty that really makes an effort and a week of it. Go farmers! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

yes indeed go farmers! while i am currently regretting the excessive amount of alcohol consumed by me wed... yes thats right 2 day hangover... i know in time i will appreciate what a savage night i had!
    [at one stage i ended up at busauras and attempted to board a bus to drogheda...]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

72 hour ones are worse. As is almost dying... yay for not breathing!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blush_01 wrote:
    We ARE having a rag week this week. Apparently Rag stands for Raise A Grand (UCD has had faculty days instead, but most pantently don't work). Ag is the only faculty that really makes an effort and a week of it. Go farmers! ;)
    Hey, don't knock Science Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Or Med Day, €40,000 raised in one day and as much (almost) free beer as you can drink! Go us.

The UCDSU seem to have somehow hacked my email adress on top of my mobile number which they're constantly sending me messages about events...... I'm nearly getting as many messages from them than from my own mates! :mad: :(:o

er anyway their email confirmed there will be a Rag Week.... yay!
    Rag Week

Rag Week has been confirmed for the week beginning 6th of March.
    It will be a week of pure madness, tune into ucdents.com in the upcoming weeks for more details.

For more information on all UCD Ents events check out ucdents.com

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Someone explain to me how it works. How do you go about 'raising a grand'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Grow your hair for 2 and a half years and then shave it off.

Pretty standard, really.

SebtheBum wrote:

Pretty standard, really.

No way man. My hair is who I am.

No way man. My hair is who I am.
    That's what I used to think.

Then it started getting in the way. First when I was havin breakfast, then whenever I tried to light a cigarette, and the final straw was when it kept getting in the fcuking way whenever I was snogging a bird.

So yeah. Off it all comes.

I think we're gonna get 2 grand out of it though...

SebtheBum wrote:

Pretty standard, really.

No.

No.

No.

Never!!!!!!

Don't even think about it!!!!!!

Your hair IS this college!

I will quit this college if you shave your hair.... no kidding.

*enters Seb's hair on the endangered species list*

• Advertisement

*enters Seb's hair on the endangered species list*
    It's too late Zane, I just..

*Sound of a struggle*

Help me Zane, you have to help me - Boneless is blackmailing me into shaving my hair off!!!

He has certain...incriminating photographs which he will make public unless I do exactly as he asks!

Help me Zaney-Wan, You're my only hope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

what charity??

Don't even know what it's called tbh!

I know it's for children born with heart defects or something along those lines, but I don't know what it's called. Don't even know the date yet, although it's slated to be sometime in February (Altho hopefully not 19th-23rd, cos I'm in Madrid for those dates).

Boneless knows more of the details. I hope.:o

SebtheBum wrote:
    It's too late Zane, I just..

*Sound of a struggle*

Help me Zane, you have to help me - Boneless is blackmailing me into shaving my hair off!!!

He has certain...incriminating photographs which he will make public unless I do exactly as he asks!

Help me Zaney-Wan, You're my only hope

Seb.... it will be ok. Long luxuriant hair trophy hunters like Boneless shall never win!!!

I have contacted the RSPCA and the World Wildlife Fund and they are coming to save you and put you in safe home with high security so no one can touch the hair.

We all know about the photos so don't worry about the scandal since we're already laughing behind you and Mr.Nice Guy's backs over your antics together.

IT WILL BE OK!!!!

We all know about the photos so don't worry about the scandal since we're already laughing behind you and Mr.Nice Guy's backs over your antics together.

What happens in Bondi stays in Bondi. :v:

Except the fcuking sand.

That stuff never leaves you.

Advertisement