Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dresses

• 27-01-2006 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

HELP! I really want a dress like this for my grad, but can't seem to find anywhere in Ireland that stocks them. Purple Haze in Temple Bar used to but as far as I can tell taht's closed and quite frankly I'm devistated!

Does anyone, ANYONE know anyplace in Ireland that stocks dresses from this company, Dublin, Cork, Galway, anywhere!

PLEASE!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

my grad was last year and i never seen a dress like that in the shops why dont u try a dressmakers?? hickeys do loads of dress design things and could put you in touch with someone to make it...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Dressmakers is a good idea, it's not as expensive as many people think it is. Hickeys in the Stephens Green shopping centre have books and books of dress designs, go in and have a flick through them. It sounds strange but that type of dress would probably be easy enough to adapt from a fancy-dress design - they have special books just for those patterns. Then you can choose your own fabric - Hickeys have fabric, but there's a few other that have a good selection of fabrics such as Murphy Sheehy which is in that street [can't remember the name!] between the Powerscourt Centre and George's Street Arcade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Try Asha in Stephen's Green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Last time I checked (about a month ago struggling to find stuff from Lolita Rose that wasn't silk and lingerie lace, making my clothes from now on methinks) Asha doesn't have any one pieces like that, might have some two pieces though.

And Purple Haze is closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Best bets:
    Asha, it's the only place I can think of at the mo, I got a dress a little like that a few years ago from there.
    You could always try online though.Hot topic and th like might have something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

afaik Purple Haze is closed, last few times I've been up it's been all shuttered up, Asha never really have what I like and for a lot of their stuff, you need to be like size 8 and have no chest. Where about's is Hot Topic?

I've been thinking about dressmakers alright I know a few so it would be handy enough, and there is the online option but you really need to try these things on beofre buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

There was a place in Georges arcade that sells them whether its there or not anymore, ive no idea but worth a shot. I've seen very similar dresses in Modesty in Limerick, theres another place aswell in Limerick, Cant think of the name of the shop but could find out if you were interested in going down for a look, ill post it up when i find out if its any used to you?

Yeah defo please! I don't mind travelling a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got my debs dress (japanese gothic style) made. I got the pattern and material in Hickeys in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Gaillimhtaibhse

Le Rack wrote:
    HELP! I really want a dress like this for my grad, but can't seem to find anywhere in Ireland that stocks them. Purple Haze in Temple Bar used to but as far as I can tell taht's closed and quite frankly I'm devistated!

Does anyone, ANYONE know anyplace in Ireland that stocks dresses from this company, Dublin, Cork, Galway, anywhere!

PLEASE!

"Think outside the box"? Have you tried the web? The world is the web's marketplace. If so, make sure your e-retailer is real and can deliver. Also, known brand names suffer from knockoffs (poor copies). There there might also sizing problems... Good luck!

• Advertisement

Yeah that's probably what I'll have to do, I know some very good dress makers who can make froma picture rather than a pattern so yeah...

"Think outside the box"? Have you tried the web? The world is the web's marketplace. If so, make sure your e-retailer is real and can deliver. Also, known brand names suffer from knockoffs (poor copies). There there might also sizing problems... Good luck!
    thanx but read post seven! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

www.hottopic.com is great for that kind of stuff ive bought from them before they ship out to Ireland. its a lovely dress. As for dressmakers, I know one who could make something like that too.

Advertisement