Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart: V. Happy

• 27-01-2006 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Just gone live at home with Smart.

Stories of woe and long waits are all over the board, seems that a lot of the providers are clueless when it comes to customer service and support.

I'd just like to give credit where it's due and say that my experience with Smart so far has been a very good one. Always kept the story up to date and always answered my questions promptly.

I got an invoice that I shouldn't have but they rang the same morning to say it was sent in error and to ignore it.

When I got connected they rang to see everything was working ok and addressed satisfactorily a couple of issues for me during that call.

Where Eircom failed my line, I'm connected with Smart now at 6M\s. Not looking forward to going back to 2Mb... got a feeling though that it might not be at 2Mb for long.

Had to ring support with one issue. I rang after 8pm, which I didn't know was outside of support hours. Instead of getting the usual recorded message the call was answered by a very polite human who took my number so they could call me back the next day.

We have Eircom Business Enhanced at work, 5Mb. Only getting 2.4M/s down. After two months of messing around they deemed this a satisfactory speed and closed the case. Will be swithing to Smarts ADSL2+ in April when the contract with Eircom is up. Got rid of them at at home, soon to be rid of them at work... no longer will I have to suffer the idiots who once (no, several times) tried to sell me ISDN as broadband!

Mabye I was lucky, but Smart did come across to me as a company who have given a least a little forethought to customer service and what the customer wants.

All in all, very happy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I am 100% totally happy with Smart too and their customer service both online and offline are 100% excellent.
    Oh and they give almost the speed they claim unlike Eircom who gives u 1.7 for 2mb down lol

Advertisement