Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband, Line Rental+Broadband for 40 euro

• 27-01-2006 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I don't know whether I'm going to ask a silly question, but I like to clarify this,

I have read this in BT website :

"Broadband and Line Rental special offer

€25 per month for the first 4 months

€40 per month for every month after

Reduced one-time connection fee €50

Six month minimum term

Save on calls with BT Talk

This special offer is for first time broadband customers only. If you’ve already had broadband service, you can still enjoy BT Broadband and Line Rental at a new lower price of only €40 per month. "

Then at the bottom of the page it says:

"*** This special offer is for first time broadband customers only. €25 per month for the first four months, €40 per month for every month thereafter. For customers who already have had broadband service, BT Broadband is now only €40 per month."

Could anybody out there please explain

1. according to the first paragraph, even if you had broadband you can still avail of this offer, according to second one you can still have broadband for 40 euro ,but no mention about line rental

2." For customers who already have had broadband service" is this mean who had broadband with BT or Any Other provider, I mean if I had Broadband with any other provider, will I be able to get this offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

If You are switching from another provider you will have to pay the 50 for connection and you will start paying 40 per month from the beginning. That is if you go for BB with line rental... I'm in the process of changing from UTV at the moment.. Waiting 2 weeks and still no word or modem from BT :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Dubsmax wrote:
    Waiting 2 weeks and still no word or modem from BT :rolleyes:

Welcome to customer service hell.

OP: It certainly is confusing. I have BT for phone and am waiting on broadband. The line rental is 10 euro per month with BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

It is confusing but:
    1. If you have BB (with any other provider) already you probably won't be able to avail of the special offer of €25 for the first 4 months.
    2. The €40 quoted does include line rental. BB on it's own (without the line rental bundle) is €15 for the first 4 months and €25 thereafter.
    @Dubsmax
    Ring them and see whats going on. My transfer took 9 working days.
    I hope you didn't contact or cancel UTV already. They will f**k it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twentyfive

Dubsmax wrote:
    If You are switching from another provider you will have to pay the 50 for connection and you will start paying 40 per month from the beginning. That is if you go for BB with line rental... I'm in the process of changing from UTV at the moment.. Waiting 2 weeks and still no word or modem from BT :rolleyes:

As you're I had UTV and never had any problems with them, then I cancelled it for moving with Clearwire wireless,I don't even have a phone line at the moment, thanks to Clearwire I cancelled it, but now I regret it. I'm thinking to reconnect with Eircom and go for BT. So my new question is when I get my new line with Eircom, will I qualify for this 40 euro for line rental+broadband.

*sorry if this is too confusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I rang BT before Christmas to transfer from Eircom to BT.
    They sent me out the necessary forms and I filled them out and posted them off Jan 3rd.
    Rang them up last Thu to see how my order was progressing to be told they never received the forms.
    I asked them toi send me out a new form,Broadband transferrance form,as I had previously had an account with them.
    A week later and still no form .
    Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement