Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking PSP...

• 27-01-2006 5:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Very happy with myself, after originally turning down a psp before christmas and going for a DS due to primarily the price difference, i luckily this week found a PSP for half its retail price in a cash converter, picked it up and am happy to have both a ds and psp.

anyway onto the question at hand.

cause my psp is second hand and had no box with it it (just cables and memory card) i had to wikipedia to find out what i can do with it.

There is mention that with one of the later firmwires you should be able to connect to a wireless network. What i would like to know is if i connect my PSP to my pc via a dongle or something is it possible to leave all my video files and music files on my pc and leave the majority of my memory card to other uses, or is there alot of ifs and buts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As far as i know, if you ever wish to view your media files or songs on your ps, it must be transfered through usb , as far as I know anyway.

Id love for someone to let me know how to connect to wireless networks around different places. I followed the instructions here to setup mine at home, but then that is the ip etc set for my house, obviously other places have different ips, so like, whats the deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

version 2.0 is what you need for the wireless connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

there's one special ips you need to connect to any wireless connection spot. Version 2.0 takes care of that though, as long as there's a connection near by it can get online all you have to do is enter the browser. So like dimerocks said version 2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well i have 2.01, and on boards it had some guide to connecting which i used, which tbh on reflection is retarded guide, cause it only is for your house you cannot connect anywhere else.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

dimerocks wrote:
    version 2.0 is what you need for the wireless connection.

and is it possible to access any folder on the network, or will i only be able to surf the internet etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Version 2.0 upwards has a web browser built in, but there is a way to installl another browser on earlier versions. You cannot access your pc from the PSP directly, but I have seen mention of people setting up an Apache web server on their PC's which does then let them access any files from there, and also lets you setup an RSS channel so that you could stream mp3's from your PC as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thank you will have a look for those.

Advertisement