Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I left my phone in a taxi

Options
  • 27-01-2006 6:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

just left a cab, my phone was left inside, cab driver heard the phone ring and didnt answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

powerb wrote:
    just left a cab, my phone was left inside, cab driver heard the phone ring and didnt answer

Did you leave it on silent, as a lot of people that lose phones in car are left on silent mode, i work in a taxi office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

If you can't get an answer from your phone try contacting the Carriage office, taxi drivers are supposed to leave any items found in their car with the Carriage office. A lot of taxi drivers wait until they have a few things to bring in before going to the Carriage office so don't give up finding it.

On the other hand he might just keep it! Did you call the cab from an office or just flag it down on the street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

powerb wrote:
    just left a cab, my phone was left inside, cab driver heard the phone ring and didnt answer.
    How do you know that he heard it ring? How can you be sure that he was in the car (and not in the shop/petrol station/knocking at next fare's door) when you rang. How can you be sure his next fare didn't pick it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

The Driver or the next fare will probably keep it. but there are some decent people out there who hand it in. You never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd get the phone blocked by your network - you can always get it unblocked at a later date should it show up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

In my experience, I've never got anything back from the Carriage Office, even after trying for several months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I know some taxi drivers and usually what left in the cab they claim. A woman left some gold jewellary (looked old, probably sentimental value as well as real) on the back seat one time and he gave some to his family and sold the rest. I wasn't too impressed when I suggested they give it in they thought I was touched.

I think when you get a tax you should automatically get a receipt and their taxi number should be printed on it. Make them a whole lot more honest IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

jaqian wrote:
    I know some taxi drivers and usually what left in the cab they claim. A woman left some gold jewellary (looked old, probably sentimental value as well as real) on the back seat one time and he gave some to his family and sold the rest. I wasn't too impressed when I suggested they give it in they thought I was touched.

I think when you get a tax you should automatically get a receipt and their taxi number should be printed on it. Make them a whole lot more honest IMO.

Another little tip is to pretend to ring someone when you are in the car, telling them you are in a taxi in such and such a place at the moment, and how you'd love to get a car like theirs, nice Toyota Corolla etc.... just in case you have sat in the back seat of a 'bad egg' taxi driver.
    No harm in letting them know you have your wits about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Culchie wrote:
    Another little tip is to pretend to ring someone when you are in the car, telling them you are in a taxi in such and such a place at the moment, and how you'd love to get a car like theirs, nice Toyota Corolla etc.... just in case you have sat in the back seat of a 'bad egg' taxi driver.
    No harm in letting them know you have your wits about you.

Come in handy if the Monk is your taxi driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Think Rainyday hit the nail on the head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement