Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and 3Com DSL Wireless Router

• 27-01-2006 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've gotten my hands on a nice 3Com Wireless-G Cable/DSL Router (model: 3CRWE554G72T) and intend to replace the standard eircom modem/router with this.

The thing is, it's for the office and so it has a static IP assigned to it from eircom, so going through the usually very simple 3Com wizard is asking for a subnet, gateway etc - none of which is listed on the eircom.net Support page - plus there doesn't seem to be a way to enter the username/password on this screen.

If I choose PPPOE, I CAN enter the username/password that eircom specify, but can't see anywhere to enter the static IP they've assigned us.

I'm attaching some pictures to show you what I mean - any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Along with the Static IP Address(es), Eircom need to supply you with the Subnet Mask and the Gateway address.

If it is a business account, call their Broadband Support on 1890 260 260 with your details (phone number and/or username) and they should sort you out in seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well I rang them up and the guy I spoke to said that it should work with the standard PPPOE setup, as the IP is tied to the phone number regardless of whether it's specifically defined on the router (seems a bit odd to me but howandever..) but no joy. The 3Com box can't get a connection having followed these instructions.

Does anyone know then what subnet/gateway I should use and I can try that... because another problem with this Zyxel router is I can't log into the web interface for some reason (having rebooted it etc already).

Ta..

Advertisement