Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Male or Female Cars

Options
  • 27-01-2006 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello,

This subject always confuses me. I'm planning on purchasing a car in a couple of months and was looking at the Volvo S40 a lot of people have told me that this is a family car. I was also looking at the Mazda 6 some people told me that this is a womens car. I'm currently driving a Mazda 323 and have been told that this is a Hairdressers/Womans car.

I'm male 30 yrs looking to purchase car with a 1.8 engine or less. Not looking to buy a new car, porche or anything in that line of expense. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed! PS I dont like the Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

That is all B.S.

The mazda 6 is a fine car.

Buy what you like, and don't worry about others, who obviously have serious self-confidence issues..

BTW, I drive a MX-5..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭super103

Oh yeah I complete agree, but just curious what would you consider to be a male or womens car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I reckon there's basically five categories - male; female; family; boy racer; geriatric.
    Then numerous subdivisons - ghey, medallion, hairdresser, etc.

If anyone could point me to a proper taxonomic study I'd be much obliged
    or does anyone have any suggestions for cars hich cross whole divide?

super103 wrote:
    Oh yeah I complete agree, but just curious what would you consider to be a male or womens car?
    Some that pop to mind.
    Do understand that this is my opinion could be totally different for other people.

Really Girly Cars:

Ford Puma
    Reault Clio/Megan
    Opel Tigra
    Nissan Micra
    Fiat Punto
    Hyundai Coupe
    That Peuget coupe thing that looks like the Tigra
    Toyota MR2s (The new ones)

Really Manly Cars
    Honda Civic/Prelude/Integra (Type Arrrrrgghh!)
    Opel Astras
    Scoobies
    Evos

Those are the ones that really stick out, others I have forgot or are gender neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

ronoc wrote:
    Really Manly Cars
    Opel Astras
    Scoobies
    Evos

Civic's manly? In every other country in the world, civic's are driven by geriatrics. Here they're driven by scrotes in baseball caps with bum fluff mustaches who think they're bleedin rapid when the reality is they simply can't get insured on a bigger car (DOHC Vtec, SIR and Type R excluded but they aren't too common anyway). Maybe we should call them a boys car.

Astra's manly? The older models were bland and inoffensive, hardly manly maybe we could call them margarine cars (and I did once own one). The styling on the new one works in 3 door, which if anything is girly, but I'm just not getting the 5 door, the rear end is appauling and overall it would be best described as mumsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

alias no.9 wrote:
    Civic's manly? In every other country in the world, civic's are driven by geriatrics. Here they're driven by scrotes in baseball caps with bum fluff mustaches who think they're bleedin rapid when the reality is they simply can't get insured on a bigger car (DOHC Vtec, SIR and Type R excluded but they aren't too common anyway). Maybe we should call them a boys car.

Let me check.

1. Nope I don't even own a baseball cap
    2. Would never wear a moustache
    3. Need a shave a the moment, wouldn't call it soft bum fluff
    4. Insurance on my current Civic is dear than it would be on a 2.4 litre Accord

Boy's car, jeez, I thought my testicles had dropped! :D I would think more gerictrics would drive Mercs here

BUT I do agree with the scanger image associated with Civics. But certainly not girly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

ronoc wrote:
    Really Manly Cars

Opel Astras

:rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

jayok wrote:
    Let me check.

1. Nope I don't even own a baseball cap
    2. Would never wear a moustache
    3. Need a shave a the moment, wouldn't call it soft bum fluff
    4. Insurance on my current Civic is dear than it would be on a 2.4 litre Accord

Boy's car, jeez, I thought my testicles had dropped! :D I would think more gerictrics would drive Mercs here

BUT I do agree with the scanger image associated with Civics. But certainly not girly!

In France, an I presume most other places, Civics are driven by women. French friends of mine, who come over here express surprise at the number of Civics driven by men!

Go, on admit it, you drive a womans car. :D:D:D

Yeah but would anyone argue with a French woman! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

New Civics are not driven by scangers.. they can't afford them.

'Wealthy' scangers drive Nissan Almeras. Buy one now, get another free in 2007, scanger heaven.

• Advertisement

Damn it - I drive a 2000 Civic. Would anyone have "How you know you are a skanger test?" please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jayok wrote:
    I would think more gerictrics would drive Mercs here

From a survey in the UK it showed that Honda Civics were bought by the oldest drivers compared to any other car ;)

Granted, driving and buying new are different things

unkel wrote:
    From a survey in the UK it showed that Honda Civics were bought by the oldest drivers compared to any other car ;)

It's gets better I'm an Old Skanger! It's all begining to make sense :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I never thought I'd say this about an american car, but the chrysler 300c, now there's a mans car.

05-uk-f3q-f2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Didn't the Honda Civic come in a 'Blue Rinse' special edition? :p

unkel wrote:
    I didn't know they were that old :p

And that's just the average some owners are older.
    Didn't the Honda Civic come in a 'Blue Rinse' special edition?

It did - I believe it was the VTi editions, since only the Blue Rinse brigade could get insurance on the. (In 1998 the 189 bhp Integra Type R was brought into Ireland and the first one was sold to a man in his mid-50s!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

jayok wrote:
    Damn it - I drive a 2000 Civic. Would anyone have "How you know you are a skanger test?" please ?

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=6403884706954300669

In fact, loads on that site, try here for them all!

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=+site:www.okcupid.com+okcupid+chav+test

ROFL....

Question 1:

do you enjoy fast cars and kitted up cars?
    Yes
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

el tel wrote:
    I reckon there's basically five categories - male; female; family; boy racer; geriatric.
    Then numerous subdivisons - ghey, medallion, hairdresser, etc.

:D

Boy racer cars are where the BHP is larger than the average drivers IQ

Other girlie cars to add to ronocs list
    Any small 4 seat convertible ie 307cc, Megane Cabriolet, Citreon Pluriel etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

ronoc wrote:

Really Manly Cars
    Opel Astras
    Scoobies
    Evos

I'm a girlie GIRL and drive a Scooby!
    Why is it that only Manly Men drive the cars quoted above? I'm not a Butch b*t*h. Or is that how men see women who drive these cars? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

Borzoi wrote:
    :D

Boy racer cars are where the BHP is larger than the average drivers IQ

Jaysus I didn't know that anyone with anything over a 2ltr was either a Skanger or amongst the worlds most intelligent people. I best give them moree respect in future:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

MargeS wrote:
    I'm a girlie GIRL and drive a Scooby!
    .......I'm not a Butch b*t*h.

Have I mentioned before that I love you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 reddzer

most convertible's are girly cars. not many lads can pull off a convertible unless its a beamer 645 or something. waste of time buying a new car nowadays unless your spending big. most of the smaller range ones look the same with a different badge. how the hell do these car designers get jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

super103 wrote:
    Hello,

This subject always confuses me. I'm planning on purchasing a car in a couple of months and was looking at the Volvo S40 a lot of people have told me that this is a family car. I was also looking at the Mazda 6 some people told me that this is a womens car. I'm currently driving a Mazda 323 and have been told that this is a Hairdressers/Womans car.

I'm male 30 yrs looking to purchase car with a 1.8 engine or less. Not looking to buy a new car, porche or anything in that line of expense. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed! PS I dont like the Golf

A BMW 316i or a 318i is a great car.

reddzer wrote:
    not many lads can pull off a convertible unless its a beamer 645 or something

If it's a 645 you'll need to be a "lad" in your 60s, greying and a bit overweight to pull it off.

A BMW 316i or a 318i is a great car

True, but if it's a Compact you are a pretender and/or ghey.

You just can't win :(

Ok how would you catergories the following cars! Male or female?

Audi A4
    Volvo S40
    BMW 3 Series
    Alfa (All catergories)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Audi A4 - Family (S4 rich family)
    Volvo S40 - Family
    BMW 3 Series - Family (new shape 4dr, others have a very mixed demographic)
    Alfa (All catergories) - ???
    Really Girly Cars:

Ford Puma
    Reault Clio/Megan

Hmmm. Puma is a great handling car, way above the others you list. Clio V6, 182, Cup, Williams, Megan 225... One day when you inviteably get wasted in your Ricermobile (unless it's a WRX or EVO) by a girly girl in superior (but maybe not noticeable) machine, I'm sure you'll feel your manliness rising inside you like a torrent.

super103 wrote:
    Ok how would you catergories the following cars! Male or female?

Audi A4
    Volvo S40
    BMW 3 Series
    Alfa (All catergories)

Audi A4 - either males or females (bisexual?)
    Volvo S40 - male (borrowed from their mum)
    BMW 3 Series - male (or anyone who thinks they have great taste in cars)
    Alfa (All catergories) - either males (heavily in touch with their feminine sides) or females (heavily in touch with their masculine sides)

(am taking a huge risk even jesting about Alfas in this forum ;) )

• Advertisement

lol this is madness!!

How Many People out there can name 5 or more Male cars!!!! Not counting Porches, Austin Martins etc...

Its seems that all cars are either family or female cars!

Advertisement