Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Male or Female Cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

reddzer wrote:
    most convertible's are girly cars. not many lads can pull off a convertible unless its a beamer 645 or something. waste of time buying a new car nowadays unless your spending big. most of the smaller range ones look the same with a different badge. how the hell do these car designers get jobs.

Utter rubbish!

I drive an MX5! I'm a bloke and I see nothing wrong with that (driving an MX5, not being a bloke)

The obvious female cars are:
    Puegot 206's
    Fiat Puntos
    Nissan Micras
    Mini Coopers
    Hyundai Coupes

This is based on my observation on who is driving these cars on the roads not on the appearance of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

super103 wrote:
    lol this is madness!!

How Many People out there can name 5 or more Male cars!!!!

Its seems that all cars are either family or female cars!

Any Lamborghini is a male car (even in covertible guise)
    murcHROwen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

super103 wrote:
    How Many People out there can name 5 or more Male cars!!!!

Well,
    I am not entirely in agreement with branding cars to male or female drivers, but seeing as you put up the challange:

1.DeLorean
    2.Mustang
    3.Any Supercar .........
    4.Any Roller/Bentley
    5.Any car that costs more than the average persons house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭super103

How Many People out there can name 5 or more Male cars!!!! Not counting Porches,Bentleys, Austin Martins etc...

Okay serious attempt this time:

1. Volvo S80
    2. VW Corrado
    3. Alfa 166
    4. Lanci Integrale
    5. Octavia Vrs
    6. Skoda Superb
    7. Mitsubishi L200 (& its competition)
    8. Peugeot 206cc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

prospect wrote:
    Okay serious attempt this time:

1. Volvo S80
    2. VW Corrado
    3. Alfa 166
    4. Lanci Integrale
    5. Octavia Vrs
    6. Skoda Superb
    8. Peugeot 206cc

That was going so well until I reached No. 8 ;)

How about swapping Peugeot 206cc :eek: for Alfa Romeo SZ :cool:

Well, the 206cc won the Gay Mans car of the year award a few years back, so I am afraid that makes it a "MALE" car....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Uh-oh - I drive a crappy 1999 mark1 Hyundai Coupe :( I'm not as manly as my younger brother and his crappy 1999 Honda Civic :)

I just saw one of those new Chrysler 300c around D8, beautiful looking car...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

prospect wrote:
    The L200 is what a dodgy property developer buys his wife when she's carping for a some quasi-tank and he wants to scab on the price and claim the tax back. There's always a few parked outside schools here at chucking out time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

there is alot of new Civics being bought by women these days, or bought for women by their husbands maybe. But when you go look at a car, it would usually just come straight at ya that its a "girly" type of car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

A BMW 316i or a 318i is a great car.

Until you want it to move.

I feel sorry for people that buy BMWs without 6 big lumps of metal under the bonnet.

Gatster wrote:
    Audi A4 - Family (S4 rich family)
    Volvo S40 - Family
    BMW 3 Series - Family (new shape 4dr, others have a very mixed demographic)
    Alfa (All catergories) - ???

Hmmm. Puma is a great handling car, way above the others you list. Clio V6, 182, Cup, Williams, Megan 225...

Yes but its still a car for girls. The name even sounds like its a girls car.
    It looks like a girls car, I'm not budging on the puma :D The others are nippy cars granted but are still girls cars at heart.
    Gatster wrote:
    One day when you inviteably get wasted in your Ricermobile (unless it's a WRX or EVO) by a girly girl in superior (but maybe not noticeable) machine, I'm sure you'll feel your manliness rising inside you like a torrent.

I don't own a Ricermobile or a riced up car. Its a stock Focus. And :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

A mercedes S class is a male car. So is a BMW 7 series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

A pissy little 6 cylinder 2.0 or 2.2 litre is no great shakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

jayok wrote:
    Damn it - I drive a 2000 Civic. Would anyone have "How you know you are a skanger test?" please ?

yeah here it is..

if u can answer the question below.
    Do u drive a civic??

If yes= either 60 year old fart or skanger

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Really Manly Cars

Opel Astras

Bwoahahaha. Apart from that, I am offended by this thread. But I will say :

Honda Civic ( all variations) = girly car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think it can depend more on the kind of people who buy the car than on the actual nature of the car itself. For example, the Audi TT. It has to be one of the coolest pieces of design in a long time, and it's a pretty good drive too. Most of them, however, appear to be driven (sedately) by IT nerds. Does that make it a cool car or a nerdy car? Or both?

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Gatster wrote:
    Audi A4 - Family (S4 rich family)
    Volvo S40 - Family
    BMW 3 Series - Family (new shape 4dr, others have a very mixed demographic)
    Alfa (All catergories) - ???

Hmmm. Puma is a great handling car, way above the others you list.

If you think the Puma is a better handling car than the MR2 Roadster (which was also on the original list), you really had better lay off the crack pipe...

Would the person who made that list care to tell me what's so girly about this?:

IMG_3490.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

prospect wrote:
    Have I mentioned before that I love you? :D

Ooh Prospect! You are wicked! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This thread is so very, very retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A manly car is one with oily smudges around the bonnet edges, a girly car has a packet of tampons rolling round under the pasenger seat.

Enough said.

Mike.

Ernie Ball -

That MR2's a pretty good case in point. Great car, great drive, the kind of thing that would appeal to a true driving enthusiast. I'd take one. But is it a girly car? Of course it is, just look at it! A Mercedes 190E 1.8, on the other hand, has none of the driver appeal of the MR2. I wouldn't drive one if you paid me. But it's not girly.

Anan1 wrote:
    Ernie Ball -

That MR2's a pretty good case in point. Great car, great drive, the kind of thing that would appeal to a true driving enthusiast. I'd take one. But is it a girly car? Of course it is, just look at it! A Mercedes 190E 1.8, on the other hand, has none of the driver appeal of the MR2. I wouldn't drive one if you paid me. But it's not girly.

Well, that settles it! :)

I do look at it on a daily basis and see nothing girly about it. Light car with a relatively powerful engine, perfectly configured for optimum handling (weight distribution, mid-engined, low polar moment of inertia). The colour is a very manly black and its low with nice wide tyres and aggressive-looking side scoops.

And if you still feel you need some sort of penile compensation, you can get all manner of aggressive-looking and ricey body kits and still have your great-driving car:

397.jpg

Maybe you'd better point out the girly features, cuz I'm not getting it.

It's the big smiley headlights, coupled with an overall air of cuteness. The 206 has it too.

Anan1 wrote:
    It's the big smiley headlights, coupled with an overall air of cuteness. The 206 has it too.

Ah, well, guess I'm a girl.

(and you can call me that to my tail-lights as I pull away from you on the twisties).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i drive a girls car, a 206, but its a van so it kinda has a male bit in it. :D

(i hopes)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Top 5 cars for gals who wear white stilettos
    Peugeot 206 cc
    ford puma
    opel tigra
    Merc SLK(old one)
    BMW Z3

Top 5 Testosterone fueled cars
    Toyota Supra
    Nissan 300ZX
    Nissan Skyline
    Dodge Vipor
    BMW Z4
    el tel wrote:
    I reckon there's basically five categories - male; female; family; boy racer; geriatric.
    Then numerous subdivisons - ghey, medallion, hairdresser, etc.

The only car that seems to fit into all categories is the Golf methinks

"Ah, well, guess I'm a girl."

Nah. Real men couldn't care less what other people think of their choice in wheels.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

A pissy little 6 cylinder 2.0 or 2.2 litre is no great shakes.

I totally agree... If I were ever to buy a 3 series coupe it would be a 325.

• Advertisement

That's funny, given your name I'd have expected you to say an M3. Or at least a 330i!

Advertisement