Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aramiska shutting down

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Rkeane16

Checked with Ildana all their GBS are wireless GBS. And you are correct...Aquired by Pure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Rkeane16 wrote:
    Checked with Ildana all their GBS are wireless GBS. And you are correct...Aquired by Pure

What ???? , Ildana use VSAT backhaul for their schemes and wireless 'on the ground' only so the gaming must be absolutely dire except when playing the locals and as for VoIP .....don't make me laugh :(

VSAT is for surfing and email send/recieve , it can barely be used for SSL .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭niallb

Sponge Bob wrote:
    What ???? , Ildana use VSAT backhaul for their schemes and wireless 'on the ground' only so the gaming must be absolutely dire except when playing the locals and as for VoIP .....don't make me laugh :(

VSAT is for surfing and email send/recieve , it can barely be used for SSL .

Ildana used this technology to bring GBS to places no one else can.
    This is probably why Pure bought them.

Gaming and VoIP are not the internet for 99% of people,
    "surfing and email send/receive" are.

What do you base your comment about it not being capable of SSL on?
    I doubt very much it's on experience.

NiallB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

RKeane16 and Orbitlink both banned for commercial advertising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I'm in the DSL forsaken sticks of Ireland and was reading this article -

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single5994

about how viable satellite broadband has supposedly become. Can someone with a bit of technical knowhow please tell me if there's any truth to it? I've looked at satellite broadband on and off down through the years and the more I've done so the more confused I've become.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Cheers. So its a load of ol' b*****x then :(

Advertisement