Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BroadBand connection Problems

Options
  • 27-01-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I have Broadband Netopia Gateway operating with a Wireless adapter USB plugged into my Desktop. All seems to be working, Message on my desktop tray says you are connected to one or more Wireless Networks. But I cant access the Internet or the set up screen for the GateWay. I have PhoneWatch and they want to charge me €100 to fix it! Is this preventing me from accessing the Internet or is there a problem with my network settings.

I enter the 192. etc number but it comes back page cannot be displayed

How do you get from connected to the Wireless Network to using the Internet, Please help as its a head wrecker

thanks

Buckshint:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭The Security ma

****A SPLITTER/FILTER IS *NOT* REQUIRED ON A BROADBAND LINE, IF YOU HAVE A MONITORED ALARM*****
    The broadband will make NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER to your alarm.
    You need a filter for VOICE communication only.
    Your alarm sends DIGITAL.
    You do not need a filter.
    In how many posts does this have to be said.
    Sorry if I offend anyone.
    You do NOT need a filter.
    Try broadband and see if you don't believe.
    You do not need a filter.
    You do not need a splitter.
    You do not need to pay PHONEWATCH or anyone else to do anything with your alarm.
    YOU DO NOT NEED A FILTER.
    Please cut and paste everywhere.
    Sorry for ranting & raving but there are so many posts with the same question...
    You do not need a filter....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Hey security man do you know anything about wireless cameras for a home security system, if so would you recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 obrienb

Do not pay them! It's not a broadband problem if you cannot access the router interface. Turn on DHCP in on your PC. To do that in windows, check the 'obtain address automatically' boxes in the TCP connections window. Also, have you set your WEP keys? eircom broadband routers are configured with basic WEP security when shipped to you. Use the CD supplied with the router for more info. Also, once it works, disable the WEP and use WPA2 security instead. Especially if you live in an urban area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

obrienb wrote:
    Do not pay them! It's not a broadband problem if you cannot access the router interface. Turn on DHCP in on your PC. To do that in windows, check the 'obtain address automatically' boxes in the TCP connections window. Also, have you set your WEP keys? eircom broadband routers are configured with basic WEP security when shipped to you. Use the CD supplied with the router for more info. Also, once it works, disable the WEP and use WPA2 security instead. Especially if you live in an urban area.
    The original post dates from January.

Security Man has dragged up a number of old, dead threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 obrienb

Sorry :o I hate when people bump like that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

hey securityman

what do you work at i guess you work with security cause you don't know anything about broadband,stick to alarms,
    why would they invent splitters if you don't need them,of course your broadband will work,its the alarm were talking about,it is possible that you will clip a digits on your monitering account number which is programmed into your alarm system which will result in possible connection falure between you and your monitering station.

regards
    Bond james Bond

Advertisement