Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish stew

• 27-01-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Where would I get a good Irish stew in Dublin city centre?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I think you'll have to make it yourself if you want a half decent stew IMO... Otherwise The Oval Bar on Abbey Street boast a good stew but I havent tried it myself...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i reckon you wont get one anywhere, stew is evil!!

its hard to get stew in cork, even as pub grub, dunno how you'll fare in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

A place called Gruel- It's part of the Mermaid Café, open during the day, not for dinner service. It's on Dame St. Never had it, but have seen it there, and most of their food is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Skitbra wrote:
    Where would I get a good Irish stew in Dublin city centre?

The Quay bar in Temple Bar was doing Irish Stew before X-mas as one of the American guys in work wanted some so we brought him there.He loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think Gallaghers Boxty house in Temple bar would do a pretty good Irish stew.

Advertisement