Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing Belt + service on a Ford Focus

Options
  • 27-01-2006 1:15pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Anyone any idea how much to get a standard service + timing belt done should be, he also checked the brakes and put a new power steering belt in?

I just want to see how good the price was

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If you don't get many replies here you can always ring a few mechanics and ask for a quote.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lad, the reason i asked is that I got charged 415 euro for the lot, and wanted to see if anyone else paid similar, more or less.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

That seems about right, full serivce was it?

Was it a main FORD dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

got it done form a non registard mechanic same price apparently there is another belt to be done also ???

As a matter of interest how many miles on yours 97 on mine at the time and how has it been behaving since mine is revving a bit weird but have to go back to him anyway altough this did start before the belt change

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Same as that Benny, 97k also on it, seems fine to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Hi guys, girlfriend has an 02 1.4 focus, 62k, replaced timing belt and full service at 59k ish, €390 including vat, Jacksons Ford Dealers, Cavan Town, Co Cavan (where it was bought) hope this helps.

PS-had to get something changed before cant remember name of part, small, something to do with number 4 misfiring was what I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Ginger83 wrote:
    PS-had to get something changed before cant remember name of part, small, something to do with number 4 misfiring was what I was told.

Maybe a coil pack or plug leads?

Advertisement