Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black

Options
  • 27-01-2006 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

I'd been watching this for a while... got a demo of it for PS2 this morning. I have to say I'm impressed :)
    Some of the meatiest guns I've seen in an FPS in a long time, and so very destructive... Graphics are very impressive for PS2, though I'm still gonna get the Xbox version when it comes out on February 24 just because I prefer the Xbox controller for FPS.
    So if you're interested... get thee to Game and get a demo!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Does the demo come with a mag or ho do you get it? Been looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

probabply have to sign your soul to the devil to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

madrab wrote:
    probabply have to sign your soul to the devil to get it

Oh if only I knew when I started that Game thread a few weeks ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

steviec wrote:
    Does the demo come with a mag or ho do you get it? Been looking forward to this one.
    Just preorder the game. It doesn't cost anything to preorder, and there's no obligation to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Im gonna keep the suprise till the 24th - but I hear it's great fun.

xbox version for me! (that'll be the better one right?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't wait for this. Looks like some fantastic over the top dumb blasting action and we haven't had anything like that since Doom 2 (Serious sam doesn't count, it just didn't feel right).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Is there a PC version? I still can't handle an FPS on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

AFAIK it's just PS2 and Xbox. But you could get one of these if you need your keyboard and mouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

been looking forward to this since it was announced. it'll probably be the last game i buy for ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I've been hearing reports that its good but nothing special. The way recent games are stagnating for me I've a feeling I'm going to be very dissapointed in this one. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

dunno what demo you were playin... i thought it was muck! not really a fan of shooters but i enjoy a good one and this didnt seem like a god one to me really. ill give it another go in a bit but after about 15 minutes of the demo i didnt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

afaik the demo is also on this months official playstation 2 magazine, i got it yesterday and it rocks

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Retr0gamer wrote:
    (Serious sam doesn't count, it just didn't feel right).

BLASPHEMY!

Sam ftw! etc.

Black does look like good fun though. Is there a pc version coming out or just consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have to agree, I was a big console man all the way for gaming and then I built my own pc, now when I play fps games on consoles i'm like "Why is my character so slow and retarded????"

I will still be buying black though as it looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Got the demo of newsgroups this mornin and just played it there now... so far i'm not overly impressed. The controls seem a bit sluggish and it takes way too many bullets to take down a guy (its more or less find ak then hold down fire and hope for the best!!).

But it does look very nice and the demo was fairly short so the full game might be different but so far i'm undecided.

Advertisement