Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV NEW Packages here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

viking wrote:
    It'll be €40 for the 2MB line and line rental:
    Apologies:o . I meant 1mb for €35
    @Gryzor
    The 2mb BT cap is 20gb. But you're right in a way. UTV's phone package and it's the main and possibly the only reason people will stay with them. The thing is there are alot of people like me who don't use the phone for voice and only really have the phoneline for BB.
    My brother-in-law is an example of the first group. His wife is constantly on the phone and he's only staying with UTV for the phone package. He called to me today to check his emails cause he was cut off last week. Whats the point in having BB if it's not there when you want it?
    For me it costs €50p/m plus €3 - €4 for calls. Thats a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Right how come it says on that page 30 quid for the 2mb package but when I go to sign up from "Your account" page it wants 40 quid?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I did a check tonight and with UTV I effectively pay 14euro a month for my free call facility. When I tot it up I use about 4 - 5 euro worth ! So BT suits me now -it wasn't as competitive back when I signed up with UTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

bottom line is if you're a light to medium bb user and you get value out of the phone package with utv, then theres no advantage in moving to esat

don't you just love the competition in the market..:mad: same sh*te from all the mainstream providers....and if you want to move to anyone who's providing a cheaper service...its either not available to half the country or you have to pay for it in other ways like changing your phone number...bla bla bla..

Im delighted with no cap for 6 quid anyway, I think its a fair deal. I dont want the hassle of moving so Ill go for that.

• Advertisement

bush wrote:
    Im delighted with no cap for 6 quid anyway, I think its a fair deal. I dont want the hassle of moving so Ill go for that.
    Did you read their Acceptable Usage Policy for the unlimited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

kaizersoze wrote:

They never learn "kaizersoze".

Fair usage my ass....its just a dynamic CAP!!!
    Once yur overdownload UTV can downgrade your connection to 100kbit/s or something...while its still internet access...its not broadband for the rest of the month.

kaizersoze wrote:

Ye it seems ok, not overdownloading at night doesnt bother me, ill do it during the day.

bush wrote:
    Ye it seems ok, not overdownloading at night doesnt bother me, ill do it during the day.

Actually i guess they would rather you download between 02:00 and 08:00;)

Doesnt matter to me anyway, ill quee em up and let em off, dont need to be looking at every mb going by. I think its a good offer, people just love having a go at UTV but there fine by me. They do the job they advertise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

parsi wrote:
    Folks it looks like we only have to give 7 days notice:

"16.1.2 by you giving 7 days notice if we inform you of a material change to the Service or we give notice of an amendment to this Agreement pursuant to Clause 17 where such changes are to your detriment"

This is for those who signed up before july 2005 ( http://u.tv/utvclicksilver/tandc_upto_20050701.asp )

UTV have informed us of a material change to the service....this is an "either or" scenario.

Could you explain what this means exactly?
    Also is there a €50 connection fee to transfer to BT?

vox wrote:
    ATM there is a €50 connection fee to transfer to BT but from Feb 1st it is reduced to €40. If BT don't have to supply a modem (if you have your own) it's a free transfer.
    Don't know what that legal mumboJumbo means but you can be sure it benifits UTV rather than the customer.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

vox wrote:

Well to my reading it means that we only have to give 7 days (rather than 30) notice if we signed up before that date in 2005. But at the back of my head I think there may be another set of terms out there that predate these...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

zuma wrote:
    They never learn "kaizersoze".

Fair usage my ass....its just a dynamic CAP!!!
    Once yur overdownload UTV can downgrade your connection to 100kbit/s or something...while its still internet access...its not broadband for the rest of the month.

If your usage is deemed excessive, you're connection is shared with the other heavy downloaders... BUT only during peak hours.Seems like a good offer to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

You know I'm tempted by this 'unlimited usage' thing but I just think back to 'IOL no limits' and the fact I and many others got kicked. It makes me wary. I think I'll hang loose until April when my contract is up and keep an eye on how people are getting on with the unlimited thing. Really don't want to have the hassle of a move and the main thing that keeps me with UTV is their telephony package (and they're solid service). I am very disappointed with the new caps though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

So I am on Eircom 2mb a month, with 20GB. If I was to go to UTV, I would get 3mb, with 20GB a month. Can someone give me a justifyable reason not to???

Shred wrote:
    You know I'm tempted by this 'unlimited usage' thing but I just think back to 'IOL no limits' and the fact I and many others got kicked.

I was in the same boat with iol. This is a bit different though cos they are giving some warning that if you do go overboard on peak hours you will be cut back.
    Id like to know what they think is excessive though and how slow it would go if your speed was to be cut back.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

bush wrote:
    Id like to know what they think is excessive though and how slow it would go if your speed was to be cut back.

For €6 extra you get "unlimited" - subject to fair usage policy.

Currently, UTV charge €15 if you exceed your cap by 1GB, so for €6 I would not be expecting a great deal by way of "unlimited". Your bandwidth will be squeezed.

UTV will in effect decide how much you can download and judging by their new caps it will not be a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tslattery

So did anyone check the download / upload speeds? Can I expect my 128/1MB line to be a 256/2MB line when I get home?

tslattery wrote:
    So did anyone check the download / upload speeds? Can I expect my 128/1MB line to be a 256/2MB line when I get home?
    When you get home from where? MARS?:p
    Your speeds should be gone up since the 21st/22nd:).

• Advertisement

Are the new services not starting untill march 1st? Or is it starting tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

haha.
    load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Earlier this week UTV emailed me saying "Our records show you have downloaded 6876 MB, which is approaching your download limit of 8192 MB for this month."

Will the cap for Clicksilver automatically go to 12MB from February 1st?
    Or do I need to do something to raise it?

(I'd email UTV about this, but I'd prefer not to have to wait 3 weeks for a reply :mad: )

You have to switch to a new packagae as far as I know. I did it from my account page today. I chose the 2mb package but when it went through it claimed I chose the 3mb package, even though I didnt. It said that it would come in effect on march 1st, why not feb 1st I dont know. Its doesnt give you the no cap option either.

Your better off ringing cos that new services page is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

bush wrote:
    Your better off ringing cos that new services page is all over the place.

Sure is... it doesn't match the packages displayed on the main Clicksilver website.

So I've got sign up for a new 12-month contract, eh? Ah, there's always a catch.

Erm. no thanks. Will just move to Smart Telecom or BT sooner instead and get my larger cap that way.

6 month contract

bush wrote:
    6 month contract
    Plus a disconnection fee:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

Ok just checked a/c and its showing d/l 20gb and also says that my a/c has been suspend as per cap choice. Strange thing though i can still connect, this never happened before.

I have it set so that i wont get charged, never have i got charged for exceeding my cap as i have it set to suspend my a/c.

I can only assume the new caps are in place or the system is up in the air till next month. The advertised new packages are not the same as anonuced in my a/c section.

Ahh well BT transfer is in the works anyhow, just under 2 weeks to go. As i said previously pity really as i found my service very reliable, never had any problems as in drop in speeds and the likes, well then again 90%+ of those problems are copper related and since my house is new with all new copper i never had any issue with my broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Just wondering can anyone give me a direct answer to this. I know its probably been said so im sorry if some one is repeating it again.

Im a Clicksilver plus user with a 2mb line and a 16 gig Up/Down load cap. Paying 25.99 a month for the first 6 and 39.99 a month thereafter. Will this new offer up my my line to 3mb and the cap to 20 and keep it at the same price i am paying or do i have to call them and ask?

Thx

OR

• Advertisement

Automatic Upgrade of speeds!

Advertisement