Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next food biggie!! ??

Options
  • 27-01-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Have had a suggestion that the next big foodie thing will be Spanish style Tapas bars, what do you think? any other suggestions for great food?

Posted this in the Limerick forum, and have tapas, seafood and mexican as suggestions.
    Any other hotties coming to mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

good old burgers and chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Filipino food is mental, you want to try balut for example. They get a chick nearly ready to hatch then boil the crap out of it. Crack her open and thats lunch, feathers and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not sure that'd take off over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Neither do I. Tapas is your best bet. There's a chain over here in the UK, name escapes me for the moment, I ate at one of their restaurants in October. Yummy, lots of choice and very filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cupsoftea

There is a tapas bar in dublin and its really lovely. Relaxing drinks and a selection of foods, yum. I too heard they are going to be the next big thing. Get in at the start, there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

Don't know where the Tapas Bar(s) are in Dublin, but there is a super one in Cork called "La Boqueria" just after the bridge in Patrick Street as you head up towards McCurtain Street. They have a large selection of different style Tapas and good wines by the 1/4 carafe.
    Have been there a few times and it was always good.

By the way also noted that the new Mexican place has eventually opened in O'Connell Street next to "La Romana"

Advertisement