Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of unwanted rodents

Options
  • 27-01-2006 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Please somebody help before my other half moves out.

We moved into a new house a few months ago. It used to be a green field and home to numerous animals. They problem is, instead of moving away, the local mice community seems to have decided to take up residence in our house. I bought one of those Sonar wall plug in devices which also sends an electromagnetic field around every wire in the house thinking, I'd rather move them out then kill them. No good. Then I reluctantly bought a mouse trap and put it in the attic and was catching one mouse a day so I put another one up there and am now catching 2 a day.

We can hear them running around the attic, running between the downstairs ceilings and upstairs floorboards and the latest is running around inside the walls of the house. This, as you'll understand is starting to freak me out and driving my gf to the point of wanting to move out. I got up into the attic with a tub of polyfilla and covered in the wire holes going to the sockets and switches etc but it does not seem to have helped as every hole I find and fill they find another and use it. I have looked around the outside of the house but cant find any holes that they might be getting in through.

I really need some help on this. I know it is the season for them and that because they are still building it makes the problem worse, but I really need a solution quickly or otherwise I am going to be left wandering around a bit house with only mice for company. Has anybody else experienced something similar that could help me out or even give me an idea that I may not have already thought of. Anything! I'm at my wits end!

Cheers!

Mods - feel free to move this if you can think of a better forum to put it in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Get a cat or two. They'll soon stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I was told that the hot-press is a major artery in mouse-navigation (because of cabling/plumbing and heat) in most houses - get some traps in there......I used catch all mine in there at some point.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Judean Reg wrote:
    Then I reluctantly bought a mouse trap and put it in the attic and was catching one mouse a day so I put another one up there and am now catching 2 a day.
    Let me see? hmm 1 trap = -1 mouse per day, 2 traps = -2 mice per day.
    What does that suggest to you?
    Go out and buy a dozen traps and set them, they will probably catch 12 mice per day until there are no more mice.

Advertisement