Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards slowdown

Options
  • 27-01-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Is anybody else having boards time out on them when trying to connect?

Not sure if it is that google analytics thing or not....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah, I've noticed it too, just intermittently though, other times pages come up at the normal speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

stevenmu wrote:
    Yeah, I've noticed it too, just intermittently though, other times pages come up at the normal speeds.

yep that's it alright. Hope another server isn't on the way out?

I wonder if it is actually a google issue as my gmail is acting up too

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seems ok for me but obviously the more reports (good or bad) the more info we have to work with.

DeV.

It was very slow for me but is fine now even very fast.
    Thats because I plugged out my modem and restarted it and then I got my new 384 upload speed.
    I had the new 3mb down since last sunday but the upload stayed the same untill I did that.

You can really notice the change when rendering pages on boards.

There is a problem though some where as up to a few minutes ago it was sometimes taking 2 minutes or more for a reply to be posted.
    In my case I mightnt be noticing this as much now that my upload speed has suddenly trebbled but others might.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

It happens intermittently for me, is all I can say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ironically it happened just now for me when I tried to load this page. Intermittent, but been worse today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's been dog slow for me for the past few minutes and at other times throughout the day. Was very bad as well last night at times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just happened me there again, couldn't open any boards pages for 3/4 minutes. Thinking it might be related to the problems with the recent broadband upgrades (lot's of people having problems on broadband forum) I tried a couple of other sites, but they were all fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's definitely not a broadband problem from me anyway. Slowdowns occur whether I'm in work(dedicated fast connection) or at home. The slowdowns also happen while other sites load fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Everthing is speeding along here just fine on a 1mb connection, adblock is enabled on Firefox and there is nothing unusual to report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

intermittent for me, takes about 30-40 seconds for a page to load, i noticed it alot around lunch time and 6ish this evening, using firefox after a while a file pops up for download called showthread.php :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

yes it has been dodgy for me at home and at work today - other sites are fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

No problems here for me.

Fasterfox (set to optimized, not server raping speeds) reports about 6 seconds to load this page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Good this morning , but it was slow a lot of the time over Thursday & Friday .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've got this screen a few times over the past few days,including about 5 mins ago.
    Just seems to hang when switching between posts.

untitled.JPG

Seven Worlds will Collide

more than likly too much demand on a certain table at once, if anyone else got that, i can be certain regis or clouds inbox will be flooded, if he has the email function on.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Intermittent for me as well over the last few days. Load up a page and there is a delay of anywhere between 30 seconds to indefinite (error). Load up the same link in parallel in a new tab/page/window and it is fine. Opera 8.51 here, but have tried in Opera / FF / IE all seem the same

Not at all on a comparable level to the many major issues we had in '04/'05 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

No slowdown for me at all. Got an error page on Friday/Saturday I think. but it was out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's been slowing off and on for me lately. Just there it was at a snail's pace. No other net stuff seems to be effected so I assume it's an issue on board's side. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

At 17:10 it slowed right down for me. So much so that it timed out of two pages. It's been slightly slower than usual sinc then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

I'm getting this intermittently today, working through http://bie.cloud.ie/

vB has been upgraded to 3.5.3 from 3.5.0 so this may af caused a few errors and slowdowns

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

These problems detailed in this thread were occuring before the upgrade; actually most of our upgrade problems came from the external RSS script which I deliberately dropped from today's upgrade.

I haven't experienced these slowdowns myself but the more reports the better.

most slowdowns i get are on showthread.php and on some instances star-adserver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

isn't boards.ie always slow? It's the main reason I don't spend much time here... what gives? On mac, safari.

[btw it took 10 secs to post this]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah it is but it's been more noticable the last week or so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Happened a few times today, also when did skype start showing up on peoples accounts? Or have I been blind to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Just noticed the S's today so it can only have happened today. Nothing gets by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Boards was down for about 10 mins just now,got that database error screen again just before it went.

The end is nigh :v:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Just a little housekeeping, that's all.

Advertisement