Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards slowdown

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

crosstownk wrote:
    I find it slow more often that it is quick. I get time outs two or three times a day. I use Safari with popup blocker enabled. It's same both at home and in work. Every other site seems to be OK. I was beginning to think it was an issue with Safari until I stumbled across this thread.
    ditto but issue is with ie7, ff and maxthon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Are we dying here?
    Hey guys,

Any idea when the speed problem will finally be resolved? I may be imagining things, but it seems that Boards usage has fallen off severely since these problems first arose. We seem to be losing a lot of active members.

Yesterday @16:24 approx: Cloud, no sigs.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054926882
    statler: Page generated in 66.58877 seconds with 19 queries

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054926118
    statler: Page generated in 48.56664 seconds with 28 queries

Sorry about the repost, just wanted to be sure the post is not missed due to new page situ.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The slowdown is very for bad for Boards!
    A minute a go:
    cloud, no sigs
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=220711&page=101
    beaker: Page generated in 42.51517 seconds with 10 queries

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Yeah it is very slow for me. I thought it was the network in work but it's the same at home. Lat night it was taking up to a minute to load a page. It really is turning me off using boards. Have started browsing other dicussion forums. Hope you an get it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

On behalf of the directors, I apologies for the slowdown this past month - real life has intruded on us all: job changes, family changes are all happening for us at the same time - and we've been trying to squeeze in the optimisation of our servers in between.

Once again, sorry, I feel bad but rest assured we will be sorting this out in the short term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

As far as I am concerned there is no apology needed.

Thank you for all the time it isn't slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hagar wrote:
    Thank you for all the time it isn't slow.

And for the times it is as well. Slow boards is better than no boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I swear to God, even if I have to breed the hamsters myself for the hamster-wheel, the site WILL go faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

LOL

But it seems a lot better recently (last week or so) for me anyways.

Timeouts are still an issue but a F5 gets the page back up in a sub second.
    (Page generated in 0.59881 seconds with 12 queries)

:)

Advertisement