Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

De Jong joins Hamburg

• 27-01-2006 3:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

How are hamburg signing players like Van Der Vaart and De Jong? do Ajax owe them money? are they kidnapping the players dogs to convince them? WTF is going on? Waste of talent!

From Goal.com

"Hamburg have completed the signing of Ajax midfielder Nigel de Jong.

The likes of Tottenham, Sevilla and Borussia Dortmund were all linked with the 21-year-old who would have been out of contract in the summer.

"We are proud to have signed a versatile player like Nigel," said club director Dietmar Beiersdorfer.

De Jong will team up with former Ajax star Rafael Van Der Vaart. "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He was in London earlier this week for talks with Spurs, allegedly we didn't offer him enough wonga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Seaneh wrote:
    How are hamburg signing players like Van Der Vaart and De Jong? do Ajax owe them money? are they kidnapping the players dogs to convince them? WTF is going on? Waste of talent!

From Goal.com

"Hamburg have completed the signing of Ajax midfielder Nigel de Jong.

The likes of Tottenham, Sevilla and Borussia Dortmund were all linked with the 21-year-old who would have been out of contract in the summer.

"We are proud to have signed a versatile player like Nigel," said club director Dietmar Beiersdorfer.

De Jong will team up with former Ajax star Rafael Van Der Vaart. "

Apparently Van Der Vaart, much like Van Der Meyde, hasn't lived up to his billing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ajax are getting weird!
    Milans club president has been in amsterdam twice in the last two weeks and have been spotted leaving ajax club offices a couple of times, roumer flying around italy is that we are in the advanced staged of signing Sjnider this summer and there is a chance of maxwell comming too... if these roumers are true and Pienar moves to spain as has been mentioned what do Ajax do? rebuild a whole team in 3 months?

Mental I tell ya!

Lemlin wrote:
    Apparently Van Der Vaart, much like Van Der Meyde, hasn't lived up to his billing.

Well Van Der Meyde was untill he moved to Inter and wa splaying well there for a season before he got dropped but VdV I know was underproforming. But De Jong is immense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Celtic released 13 players at the end of last season and a few more have come and went since and more will go before the end of this season. Celtic's form had suffered badly because of it. Rebuilding takes a full season at least to do properly, Ajax must have some class players in the youth system if they re selling their best players. I cant see Maxwell and Sneijder staying much longer either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Strong rumours linking Valeri Bojinov to them too.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Strong rumours linking Valeri Bojinov to them too.

To Ajax?
    Could they afford him? I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Seaneh wrote:
    To Ajax?
    Could they afford him? I doubt it.

No, Hamburg. He's currently frozen out at Fiorentina.

Could hamburg afford him? Didn't Fiorentina pay like 15 million for him?
    Maybe it's a loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

Bit dissapointed man utd made no effort for de jong given the circumstances but ah well richie jones will have to do.

• Advertisement

De Jong only cost Hamburg €1million!

This is madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

he was out of contract in the summer as far as i know? so any money is better than none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ajax are a club that sell players, always have always will. They buy or get kids from Eastern Europe mixed with their own superb youth systems create footballers for sale.

Shame they doing **** this season and possibly wont make the CL so need to sell to keep up the huge income they have.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

WTF?! 1million for De Jong and United didnt try to get him?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im surprised, seeing as they were talking to him yesterday, that Spurs didnt manage to sign him.

Mebbe de Jong thinks Hamburg will be playing CL football next season and Spurs won't..

Its a 3 hour drive from one ot the other or 2 hours on the train.

Doesnt even have to move as i seriously doubt Hamburg offered more than Spurs.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KdjaC wrote:
    Its a 3 hour drive from one ot the other or 2 hours on the train.

Doesnt even have to move as i seriously doubt Hamburg offered more than Spurs.

kdjac

Spurs offered 1 million according to one report I read this week.

SofaKing wrote:
    Im surprised, seeing as they were talking to him yesterday, that Spurs didnt manage to sign him.

He wanted more money than we'd offer.

Lemlin wrote:
    Spurs offered 1 million according to one report I read this week.
    He wanted more money than we'd offer.

I meant in wages, as Ajax had no choice to take what they coudl get. Spurs would have offered 20kish a week didnt thinnk hamburg would have topped that.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    I meant in wages, as Ajax had no choice to take what they coudl get. Spurs would have offered 20kish a week didnt thinnk hamburg would have topped that.

kdjac

I say again, for clarity or emphasis..

We didn't offer enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

+ maybe the European football thing i mentioned .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Pienaar has already moved to Dortmund Seaneh, in anticipation of Rosicky leaving. Since he was Arsenal's back up buy in case they didn't get Walcott, maybe he'll end up moving to Atletico after all, if he goes anywhere. Bojinov has been linked with a move to Inter for Toldo + cash, though I hear tis just a rumour put out by Inter themselves.

To quote Bannor on VDV:
    VDV had been offered to Liverpool, but after consulting with Ronald Koeman, Benitez decided that the player didn't have the mental strength to play for the club. Koeman revealed that Van der Vaart lost his form when opposition supporters start chanting obscenities about his tv personality girlfriend, being moved from central midfield to the wing didn't help matters and the player just imploded - hence the reason he's heading for the back water that is Hamburg and not getting his alleged dream move to Liverpool/Barcelona.

He's getting back to the form that made everyone take note of him in the first place, he's got 10 goals in 17 games this season. And Hamburg are a team on the up, they've got their eye firmly on 2nd place in the Bundesliga.

Advertisement