Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband Breaking News

• 27-01-2006 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am just off the phone from Smart TELECOM

from today SMART TELECOM have increased its service for no extra cost you can now get a 3mb download and a 256k upload for 35 euro a month
    it was 2mb/125k for 35euro

now that a good service if you ask me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

well they had to as eircom upgraded the lines :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm sorta surprised they didn't hang around for NTL's expected upgrade, seeing as they cover more or less the same ground.

Any noises about higher speed packages?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

hellboy99 wrote:
    well they had to as eircom upgraded the lines :rolleyes:

No they didn't as Smart are not dependent on Eircom's wholesale products - they have unbundled their customers lines.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

dub45 wrote:
    No they didn't as Smart are not dependent on Eircom's wholesale products - they have unbundled their customers lines.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i meant it in relation to customers, if they'd put the price up they would lose a lot of custom.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

hellboy99 wrote:
    i meant it in relation to customers, if they'd put the price up they would lose a lot of custom.

I wonder would they? Remember lots of people out there just want bb - a huge number of the ord joe soap type who are not typical boards users are not interested in very fast speeds they just want a good deal and even at Smart's current speeds they offer a great deal. And who would the 'lost' customers go to? Anyone with Smart is saving a considerable amount of money per month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 John_Carrick

Anyone any idea when Smart will be able to offer a product that does not force users to change their phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

sparkey02 wrote:
    I am just off the phone from Smart TELECOM

from today SMART TELECOM have increased its service for no extra cost you can now get a 3mb download and a 256k upload for 35 euro a month
    it was 2mb/125k for 35euro

now that a good service if you ask me

Have you got a link this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Hello, Just wondering if anyone else on the shantalla exchange in Galway has noticed a connection speed change?

My connection dropped about 25min ago and then reconnected @ the following speeds:

Downstream: 4800 Kbps
    Upstream: 416 Kbps

Im just wondering if its a known change?

Thanks
    Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Anyone any idea when Smart will be able to offer a product that does not force users to change their phone number?

When the Government force Eircon to allow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

from siliconrepublic.com
    27.01.2006 - Smart Telecom is upgrading its standard broadband offering from 2Mbps to 3Mbps with immediate effect, the company said today. The company said it also plans to offer 4Mbps, 5Mbps and 6Mbps in the coming months.
    “We are giving our customers what they want – the fastest and best-value service available,” said Smart Telecom chief executive Oisín Fanning. “None of our competitors is offering 3Mbps as a standard entry package.

“We launched our 2Mbps product early last year and it has taken our competition a year to catch up. Today’s announcement means that once again we are leading the way,” said Fanning.

The new service, the company said, will be upgraded for existing Smart customers for no additional charge and will cost €35 a month with free line rental.

Smart Telecom also plans to offer its customers 4Mbps for €45, 5Mbps for €55 and 6Mbps for €65 with free line rental available on all upgrades.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

6Mbps for €65

Looks tasty!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 John_Carrick

paulm17781 wrote:
    When the Government force Eircon to allow it.

You think any chance of this happening in foreseeable future??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You think any chance of this happening in foreseeable future??

With our strong powered, forward thinking regulator. I would say probably tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I'd like to think it will happen soon but I can't imagine it will.

Advertisement