Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confirmed: 'Malcolm', '70s Show' to end

• 27-01-2006 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds28239.html

From Digital Spy

Veteran comedy series Malcolm in the Middle and That '70s Show are to finish at the end of their current seasons, broadcast network FOX has confirmed.

Malcolm, currently in its seventh season, has suffered from a move to Friday nights, where it averages less than 3.5 million viewers and ranks as the least-watched show in FOX's schedule.

"FOX is proud to have been the home of this groundbreaking comedy," said Peter Liguori, entertainment president at FOX. "From its innovative production values to its exceptional writers and cast, this series has helped shape the modern sitcom. We'll miss this hilariously loud and manic - yet somehow relatable and admirable - family.

That '70s Show, meanwhile, has also seen its audience drop since its main stars, Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace, both quit the series.

"The reason That '70s Show has been such a smash hit is due to the talent: the actors, the writers, the director, and everybody else who helped make each episode so groovy," said exec producer Tom Werner. "Has it really been eight years?"

Malcolm will air its final episode Sunday, May 14 while That '70s Show will wrap the following Thursday, May 18.

IMO
    Perhaps RTE will show That '70s Show during prime time. Even if the show should have ended about 2 years ago if not more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Good both shows have become so stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

Willem D wrote:
    Good both shows have become so stale.

Malcolm in the Middle is one of the best comedys on tv, second only to Scrubs in my opinion and im disgusted that its coming off the air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I am sorry but Malcolm in the Middle has gone down the same road as the simpsons, and for how much I like scrubs its also going to go the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Scrubs has already gone that way imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Malcom in the Middle shouldve ended a while back. It really is poor now.

I haven't seen That 70s show since RTE took it off their evening schedule (something like 8 or 9 on a Mon evening wasn't it?), which was a good while back. Were there new characters replacing Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher? And wouldn't it be set in the 80s now? I seem to recall there was a Star Wars episode, and that film was towards the end of the 70s wasn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I seem to recall there was a Star Wars episode, and that film was towards the end of the 70s wasn't it.

Yes very true. That was at the begin of That 70's Show yet it when it started it was set in 1976.

Haven't seen much of Malcome since the Baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I watched season 6 of that 70's show recently and it was still good. Not as good as earlier seasons and by the end of it they were in 1979. I can't see how the show could cope without kutcher/grace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Personally Ill miss both shows, 70s show was my favourite show at one point, but it has admittedly gone down hill. Theres no way it would survive most of the main cast leaving (I could see more of them leaving soon).

As for Malcolm Ive watched most of the new series, & am still entertained by it, Id like to see it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i love that 70's showbut havent liked the newer episodes of malcolm in the middle, i feel it has gone down the same path as Simpsons so wont be too disappointed that its not being made anymore but i will miss that 70s show

• Advertisement
Advertisement