Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Djibril Cisse

• 27-01-2006 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭

Cisse assaults pregnant wife

Djibril Cisse has been cautioned by police after assaulting his pregnant wife.
    Police were called to the Liverpool striker's home in Frodsham, Cheshire last night and he was taken to a nearby police station where he was cautioned for common assault.

The French international, who married wife Jude last June, accepted the caution.

A Cheshire Constabulary spokesman said: "At around 9.40pm on the evening of Thursday 26th January, police attended an address on Manley Road in Frodsham after receiving an allegation of assault on a 30-year-old woman.

"As a result of police inquiries, a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of section 39 assault.

"The man was interviewed at a police station and cautioned in respect of the assault."

Cisse had previously been handed a police caution after admitting assaulting a teenager in London last year while filming an advertisement in the Docklands region.

Thanks you very much Mssr Houllier. We've got another Diouf on our hands, not to mention a vastly over-hyped footballer.

Hopefully this is the final nail in the player's Liverpool career? How much will we get for him now?

Edit: Mods, just noticed this being discussed in the general rumours thread, please delete this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

man, theres a liverpool thread already for this stuff and already contains this info. people tend to moan about there being too many liverpool threads. just a heads up like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

el rabitos wrote:
    man, theres a liverpool thread already for this stuff and already contains this info. people tend to moan about there being too many liverpool threads. just a heads up like
    Well the fowler news belongs in the other thread but the cisse news doesn't really belong in a liverpool transfer thread (not too relevant at least).

Let them moan :)

Liverpool would be doing well to get rid of Cisse at this stage - the unsavoury side to him is not something I like to hear about. If his marriage fell appart I'd say he'd be fairly quick out of England.

Hopefully he has a good World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

el rabitos wrote:

Whats the problem ? Its not like we're running out of space. If you arent interested in Liverpool threads dont open them, simple as that. Theres alot of Liverpool supporters on these boards, hence the threads.

Whats the problem ? Its not like we're running out of space. If you arent interested in Liverpool threads dont open them, simple as that. Theres alot of Liverpool supporters on these boards, hence the threads

eh? why would i have a problem with a liverpool thread? being a liverpool fan and all.
    Liverpool would be doing well to get rid of Cisse at this stage - the unsavoury side to him is not something I like to hear about. If his marriage fell appart I'd say he'd be fairly quick out of England

yeah man, it was going to be hard to get anywhere near 14 million back on him before, his value seems to decrease with every game he plays and now this sideshow will do us no favours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cisse really needs to go. Whatever about his personal life, he's just not consistent enough to fufill the Pool's needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

he was probably just trying to score ... he is very hit and miss

*cough* :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I know he has badly underperformed for liverpool this year or should i say since he put on the red shirt but i still feel he is a quality player. he was used to playing up front on his own before and just dosent seem to look comfortable playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

He's a headless chicken, we need to get rid of him soon so we might get some money back.

Who needs Cisse, we have god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Careful lads. redandwhitekop.com are not allowing any threads on this because it would appear to be hearsay and not entirely as being 'reported' (or rumoured).

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Oh its true alright, all over the BBC sports page.

Liverpool footballer Djibril Cisse has been cautioned by police after assaulting his pregnant wife.

The 24-year-old striker, who married Jude, 30, in June 2005, was arrested at their home in Frodsham, Cheshire, on Thursday evening.

He was taken to a police station and questioned before accepting a caution for common assault.

Cisse and his wife, who is originally from Anglesey, announced in October they were expecting their first child.

A Cheshire Constabulary spokesman said: "As a result of police inquiries, a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of section 39 assault.

"The man was interviewed at a police station and cautioned in respect of the assault."

Also mentions about the assault on a 15yr old awhile back.

• Advertisement

Fair enough - wouldn't like to see the boards lads getting shafted.

In that case. He's a dick. If it's true. He's only been cautioned on suspicion of assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

p.pete wrote:
    the cisse news doesn't really belong in a liverpool transfer thread .

Hopefully it does. :)

swalsh wrote:
    I know he has badly underperformed for liverpool this year or should i say since he put on the red shirt but i still feel he is a quality player. he was used to playing up front on his own before and just dosent seem to look comfortable playing

TBH that hasnt got anythign to do with it. He finds himself in front of goal with teh ball often enough and he just fluffs it. At that stage of a move it's irrelevant how many (or few) people you have playing up there with you, he's just a poor poor player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

The standard of the French league must be appallingly bad, where players like Djibril Cisse and Didier Drogba can look like world class players.

I remember the first time I saw Cisse play in the flesh at Anfield. Oct '04 against West Brom. I hadn't really seen much of him up to that point and I was looking forward to watching him in action, given all the hype about him.

I came away from that game very concerned. It was the laziest performance I have ever seen from a Liverpool player, walking around with hands on hips, glaring at his team mates when he didn't get a perfect pass and not bothering to chase down the opposition defender or keeper on the ball.

Ever since then, he has re-inforced my opinion that he's nowhere near as good as he seems to think he is and he has an unforgivable attitude. I have always got the impression that Rafa doesn't rate him too highly, what with his lack of starts and the constant transfer speculation surrounding him.

His pathetic performance against Man Utd recently, the arrest last night for assaulting his wife and now the signing of Fowler today surely must mean the end for his Liverpool career. I won't miss him, it's just unfortunate that it will be the summer before we can offload him to a French club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Taken from a well know Liverpool fan site:

A statement issued by the police said: "As a result of police inquiries, a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of section 39 assault.

National journalists are scouring forums looking for further details and comments from Liverpool fans so we advise you to consider this before debating about a private, domestic incident.

Common Assault is the least serious form of assault. It can simply be a push or a shove. Cisse was not charged and paraded in a court so people should take this into consideration before slating him.

Assault causing actual bodily harm (ABH) is more serious. The victim doesn't need to have sustained permanent or serious injuries for their attacker to be charged with ABH but this is more than just a push or shove. There does not necessarily need to be a bruise or swelling if the victim is caused sufficient pain or discomfort.
    Grevious Bodily Harm (GBH) is by far the most serious as it carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. The prosecution must prove that you intended to cause serious bodily harm.

The Offences Against the Persons Act 1847 contains two offences of wounding or causing GBH under Section 18 and 20. Section 18 is by far the most serious as it carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment, whereas the maximum for Section 20 is 5 years. The difference is that the prosecution must prove that you intended to cause serious bodily harm under Section 18, whereas they need only show that you acted recklessly under Section 20.

Under both sections, an assault causing grievous bodily harm or wounding is defined as follows. To constitute a wound the whole skin must be broken. It must be more than a scratch, but one drop of blood would be sufficient.

Grievous bodily harm must be "really serious harm", an obvious example of which would be a broken bone. There is no legal definition however, and it is a question of fact for the jury to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

There are alot of professional players like that. Most of them are either wingers or strikers that are more interested in their own game compared to how the team play. I wouldn't associate Drogba with Cisse though as he is a very hard working player and his goal tally doesn't do justice to his contribution to Chelsea's success.
    Back to the point, Cisse is a gobsh**e, and you can see that from his bloody haircuts, I hope he gets some jailtime or something.

Cisse is a gobsh**e, and you can see that from his bloody haircuts, I hope he gets some jailtime or something.

in 2 or 3 years i've been reading through this site, thats probably the stupidest thing i've read :rolleyes:

el rabitos wrote:
    in 2 or 3 years i've been reading through this site, thats probably the stupidest thing i've read :rolleyes:

I don't think he meant jailtime for the haircuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The guy isnt happy in England best off not being there, if he goes to a team that plays 433 he will do well just wont be england.

Ardent wrote:
    The standard of the French league must be appallingly bad, where players like Djibril Cisse and Didier Drogba can look like world class players.

Like any league players can be sold for stupid amounts of money for not really doing anything, some players who obviously cant kick a ball. Like in England theres a guy called Crouch who got a massive transfer for just standing around.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

hmm

crouch...im not sure about him

cisse- go away. i had no strong feelings really, but that miss at united has swayed me.
    forget his haircuts, check out the threads on him in the bbc pic (of course thats not why i want rid of him, but still)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KdjaC wrote:
    The guy isnt happy in England best off not being there, if he goes to a team that plays 433 he will do well just wont be england.

Like any league players can be sold for stupid amounts of money for not really doing anything, some players who obviously cant kick a ball. Like in England theres a guy called Crouch who got a massive transfer for just standing around.

kdjac

That's strange. I too heard of another fella called Diouf who was bought for 10 million to spit on people ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

if cisse did indeed assault his pregnant wife then he has lost my respect as a person and a liverpool player.The sooner he is shipped out the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sighs....He gave some teenager a clip round the ear a while back. Maybe he has a quick temper which allied to his lack of a quick footballing brain is reason enough to loan him out to Marseille if they stil want him then sell him for whatever can be got in the summer.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Classy guy!

Clearly he's in the same mould as Stan Collymore ie rubbish Liverpool striker who likes to hit women.

Hang on lads.

Nobody here knows the facts and you can be sure that no journalist does because they're a shower of lazy ****ers who couldn't support a story with facts if they had all the presidents men waving their knobs in front of them.

It's all 'suspicion' and 'caution'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

But by accepting the caution from the Police, he's basically admitted to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SofaKing wrote:

No one knows what he has admitted to. People are going on and if he punched her, no one knows that. When dont what he did, it could of been something very minor.

SofaKing wrote:

Which is precisely why you should be concerned about the supposed plan to bring in a 'caution' mechanism here.

Scenario:
    I'm accused of slapping a woman. It didn't happen. No witnesses but it's my word against hers. Police caution me. I have the option of biting the bullet and accepting the caution with no further action or I risk getting my name ruined in court and possibly getting a conviction for something I didn't do.

The press are great at manipulating words and in particular they have a penchant for soft targets like professional athletes.
    Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Stekelly wrote:
    I don't think he meant jailtime for the haircuts.
    yeah I did.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

shabbyroad wrote:
    Hang on lads.

Nobody here knows the facts and you can be sure that no journalist does because they're a shower of lazy ****ers who couldn't support a story with facts if they had all the presidents men waving their knobs in front of them.

It's all 'suspicion' and 'caution'.

He gets £20000 a week without much facts to show (just record number of missed chances) so give the wife beater what he deserves. It was in the star so it must be true:rolleyes: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

finnpark wrote:
    He gets £20000 a week without much facts to show (just record number of missed chances) so give the wife beater what he deserves. It was in the star so it must be true:rolleyes: .

I dont condone what he is alledged to have done but are the wife beater comments really necessary in the soccer forum? Nobody knows the circumstances of his alledged offence so lets just keep it to the football .

I'm surprised Cissie is in the team ahead of Crouch. Maybe Benitze is having a final look before Fowler takes his place mid week.

The Muppet wrote:
    I dont condone what he is alledged to have done but are the wife beater comments really necessary in the soccer forum? Nobody knows the circumstances of his alledged offence so lets just keep it to the football .

I'm surprised Cissie is in the team ahead of Crouch. Maybe Benitze is having a final look before Fowler takes his place mid week.

From a football point of view he is just as worthless.

The Muppet wrote:

From a football point of view he is just as worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yes, definitely from a football point of view he is worthless. Last chance salloon for him today I feel. Giant waste of money (ah Houllier, you sure knew how to piss cash away). The fact a year ago I said the same thing to my Pool supporting friends and it would result in a lengthy argument about him, and now it results in a quiet 'yeah' says something.

Hopefully he'll bang in a good few goals when he gets chances, then has a super wc and we can offload him for a decent amount (anythign over €50 and I would consider it good business)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Apparantly he denies all of it and is considering legal action against the paper, according to the commentators at the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

he was another liverpool flop signing, he is terrible, you got rid of baros and signed the exact same player except imo worse. He is terrible, you will be lucky to get 5mil for him.

Liverpool have apoor set of performing strikers besides crouch. I think they should push for a good striker like Torres or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Thought it was funny at the kick-off for the 2nd half yesterday. Previously I had been listening to a radio commentry where they were complaining about how Cisse doesn't take a chance with his runs - he waits for the ball to be played and then runs.

Anyway, think it was Morrientes and Gerrard who kicked off, Riise went hareing up the left and Cisse just sort of lurked round the centre circle. Ball was passed back and then played long for the runners (normal kick-off stuff). As soon as the long ball was played Cisse started a mad sprint, then stopped when he realised he was starting his run from pretty much where the ball was being kicked from.

I found it funny anyway, clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

hah

its funny though, its seems now a number of people only have time for crouch out of any of the forwards, who'd have predicted it

Advertisement