Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just Breaking on Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

NoelRock wrote:
    Please tell me you didn't get Folwer on a shirt...

Nope ....just coped onto that...what a jackass...quick call to the Offal shop to correct that:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

BrookieD wrote:
    Nope ....just coped onto that...what a jackass...quick call to the Offal shop to correct that:D

Good stuff :) hope it can be rectified...didn't wanna see ya pulling on your jersey in a while only to have some smartass point it out to ya :o ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The Muppet wrote:
    I can understand Fowlers god like appreciation from pool fans. In his day Fowler was one of , if not the best striker in the premiership but his day has passed IMO. As has already been said It's akin to United resigning Andy cole , I dont believe I would see that as forward looking.
    This is our first time we've signed him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

LOL shows how excited i am , i cant even spell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Time for a celebratory cream egg and sitting on the couch all evening in the liverpool jersey.

Lol

Hope he does well, after Shearer he's probably the best striker for England who has played in the Premiership. Just as long as he doesn't keep up his prolific record of scoring against Arsenal, and no more 3 minute hat tricks Robbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Robbie on returning:

"It still hasn't sunk in yet," said Fowler.

"To travel back to Anfield was great and to actually get in that office and put pen to paper was all I ever wanted for a long time.

"Honestly I am so happy, it's frightening. I'm so chuffed, that's all I can say.

"I've always wanted to come back. One of my biggest regrets was that I played against Sunderland and I got took off at half-time and I never got a chance to say a proper goodbye.

"It will be nice to get back wearing that red shirt again. That walk back out of the tunnel.... it will be amazing.

"I'm chuffed to bits. I can't really believe it's happened again. I'm ecstatic to be honest."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Good stuff. I'm sure most Liverpool fans feel good about this (beyond reason or not). He can't be worse than Pelegrino, and he's scored a few good ones recently for City.

We're playing City soon... 26th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

It's a transfer and not a loan so he would be eligible to play against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Great News. Always good when a legend comes home. hope Houllier recieves loads of hate mail when Robbie bangs in his first few goals. He arrives just in time to pick up a CL winners medal.:)

Robbie wrote:
    "It still hasn't sunk in yet," said Fowler.

"To travel back to Anfield was great and to actually get in that office and put pen to paper was all I ever wanted for a long time.

"Honestly I am so happy, it's frightening. I'm so chuffed, that's all I can say.

"I've always wanted to come back. One of my biggest regrets was that I played against Sunderland and I got took off at half-time and I never got a chance to say a proper goodbye.

"It will be nice to get back wearing that red shirt again. That walk back out of the tunnel.... it will be amazing.

"I'm chuffed to bits. I can't really believe it's happened again. I'm ecstatic to be honest."

This is exactly the type of player we need, someone woth teh heart and determination for teh club.

He better be fit for teh game against Charlton on 3rd march so I can watch him play again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

sharkman wrote:
    Recent weeks have seen the striker hit his best form virtually since leaving The Reds five years ago.

I cannot believe it's 5 years since he left us!

Just watched his interview with the offical Liverpool website. He looks in surprisingly good shape and he was all smiles. Said he's "so happy, it's frightening". :D

Was kind of emotional watching that interview, I'm absolutely delighted he's back. If he never scores a goal for us I wouldn't care, as long as he gets the chance to walk out in front of the Kop again, make up for Houllier denying him the chance to say goodbye to the fans. The club will get a big lift from this transfer.

The reaction of one Man City fan on a Man City forum:
    thats a ****ing joke! just when he hits form! that is a ****ing piss take! what the **** is going on! ****ing cole hasn't scored in a ****in month and we're getting rid of Robbie! for **** sakes whats going on at our place????????

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im delighted tbh,still my favourite Pool striker along with Rushie.
    Time will tell how he gets on but his love for Pool and obvious delight at being back might spark him again.

Hopefully he'll bang in goals for a few seasons. That money grabbing little git Owen can rot in the championship with Newcastle when they go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Can't believe it has actually happened. The insider website on Koptalk said this was going to happen about two weeks ago I hoped it was true but was not sure. Delighted think this is a massive boost to the club and I can't wait to see him in a red jersey!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Not a liverpool fan, but this is brilliant news :) delighted to see God back playing with Liverpool! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

edit cause the boards are glitchy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Rafa:

''People can talk about having a lot of money to buy players but we've just signed a player with a passion and a heart for this club that no amount of money can buy''

That should be someone's sig..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Great video interview with Fowler on the LFC site...it can be found here too.

You can't say he's not passionate...least he can collect his rent in person now and stick a new chapter in his book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

yeah lol
    i was thinking that hes published his book too early :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

p.pete wrote:
    This is our first time we've signed him :p

Don't think so, I'm sure he signed a contract first time around.:p :p;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The Muppet wrote:
    Don't think so, I'm sure he signed a contract first time around.:p :p;)
    Really?, proove it...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

I heard the stories going around, I so wanted to believe them but hand on heart I could see it happening. I am so happy I was wrong. I can't believe we have GOD back.:D :D

ps in the interview, he looks as if he just won the Euro millions:D

Can't believe it has actually happened. The insider website on Koptalk said this was going to happen about two weeks ago I hoped it was true but was not sure. Delighted think this is a massive boost to the club and I can't wait to see him in a red jersey!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah, Dunk's been using it as a 'you should sign up' model. And why not?:D

Koptalk's a great website though, been there since '99.

tap28 wrote:
    I heard the stories going around, I so wanted to believe them but hand on heart I could see it happening. I am so happy I was wrong. I can't believe we have GOD back.:D :D

ps in the interview, he looks as if he just won the Euro millions:D

tap -this post could've been mine.

What a boost for my 40th birthday (7 days away :( )

:D:D:D:D:D

(that'll be FIVE smilies)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

so Dr Nick, let me see if I have this straight: one should not be :D:D
    one should be :D:D:D:D:D

I see now, I stand corrected.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

p.pete wrote:
    Really?, proove it...

First page of his autobiography.....proven. First Liverpool player to have his contract reissued post Sky.

Also goes on to talk about the day Souness offered him a reserve contract and how Souness was sacked just a day after telling Fowler he was being ripped off by the club and to demand more dosh

damienom wrote:
    First page of his autobiography.....proven. First Liverpool player to have his contract reissued post Sky.

Also goes on to talk about the day Souness offered him a reserve contract and how Souness was sacked just a day after telling Fowler he was being ripped off by the club and to demand more dosh

I think everyone knows he had a contract before, he wasnt playign for free.

Aah sarcasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Don't know if it's been mentioned but he's being given the number 11 shirt:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N151287060128-0006.htm

FOWLER TO WEAR NO.11 SHIRT

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that Robbie Fowler will wear the Number 11 shirt on his return to the club he first joined as an 11-year-old.
    The Toxteth-born striker previously wore the No.23 shirt when he first broke through to the first team before taking over the No.9 shirt for the rest of his stay at the club.

I'm off to the sack to read a few more pages of Robbie's autobiography and then I'm sure I'll sleep like a baby:)

Welcome home Robbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ROFL
    Great signing for the pool. It might make a good movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I think Benitez has a way of getting the best out of players.
    He has Harry Kewell playing some good football now.

If Fowler can get over his previous injuries he will score a load of goals again.
    It was never about pace with fowler always his movement and positioning combined with superb finishing!

I'm interested to see how he gets on :)

Cisse to Newcastle till the end of the season anyone?

• Advertisement

evilhomer wrote:
    It was never about pace with fowler always his movement and positioning combined with superb finishing!

Exactly, Paul McGrath proved aswell that a great footballing brain can more than compensate for a lack of pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Of all the players in the world, he is the one I hate the absolute most. Washed-up tubby bell end.

Should suit the 'pool frontline though. A lanky beanpole, [edit]remoe unproven allegation[/edit] a washed up goon and a spanish numpty. A bit like the A-Team, but crap.

On another topic, how come Neville gets charged by the FA for incitement for what he did but fowler gets away with what he did a week before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Because it was seen by the ref, while Nevile's wasnt.

Fowler is a decent signing for Liverpool, but he is really a stopgap solution if Liverpool want to challenge for the title, but I suspect Benetiz knows this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

the 2nd coming of God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

im actually curious to see how he does. i was watching a classic fa cup game on sky sports and some of the things he tried was amazing. it was united v pool, where united won it late on through solsjkaer. he looked a great player at anfield but has looked woeful since leaving. benitez will get the best out of him, how good that will be im not so sure.

one thing tha is for sure, cisses chance against united, had that been fowler, 1-0 liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Dont know if its related but according to The Sun this morning Cisse was arrested the other night for allegedly hitting his eight month pregnant wife , he was let off with a caution and they said afterwards it was a misunderstanding .
    Maybe Benitez was thinking of getting rid of him and now with the return of Fowler he can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Fowler has been average even before he went to Leeds.

He's slow, unfit and not the most natural goalscorer in England.

That is Michael Owen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

That is Michael Owen.

So ya think if Owen hadnt got the pace that he does he'd still score more goals than Fowler?

Not likely. There's a difference between being a natural goalscorer and someone who scores goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

ianomccabe wrote:
    the 2nd coming of God!
    Brilliant :D

ianomccabe wrote:
    So ya think if Owen hadnt got the pace that he does he'd still score more goals than Fowler?

Not likely. There's a difference between being a natural goalscorer and someone who scores goals

What's the difference?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

That is Michael Owen.
    Owen only every scored 20 league goals once as far as I remember. He was also horribly unpredictable at times with his finishing.

Fowler was always and all round finisher. One on ones, headers, volleys, left foot, right foot, he had everything.

Fowler was also far from average at Leeds, his record was quite good actually. Something like 14 goals from 30 games.

Well IMO Robbie fowler has not been the player he was for 6/7 years.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

theres IS a big difference between fowler and owen

owen can still play 90 minutes every week, fowler cant really sustain that level of fitness anymore

fowler still has plenty to offer any club.

my only worry is that he'll upset the work ethic that benitez has got going at the club

i'm also wondering how gerrard will react to being overshaddowed at the club.

also i've always hated the comfort zone alot of players seemed to be in at liverpool over the years, and fowler always seemed to be one of those players that was too comfortable at the club

Fowler was always my fav. player.

I got his name on the back of my jersey 1 week before he went to Leeds.

But, that doesnt mean he was better than Owen. I'd say Owen probably has a better goalscoring record and he has done it consistently throughout his career and has done it at the highest level in the World cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

egan007 wrote:

Robbie was born a Red and should finish a Red

supported everton i think you'll find in his very early days!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

true he did support everton, but he soon got sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

His ready for the scrap heap.although he was a wonderful finisher when he was fit back in the day defenders are quicker now. though saying that if the pool are beating manu 2-nil at anfield he would be a great man to bring on when manu are chasing the game etc...you need some like crespo to really make the difference. though saying all this veteran signings such as jari Liteman & mc callister were capable of lifting the team to greater heights.

Leeds are still paying for him..perhaps bring back barmby too!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jimi-Spandex banned for a week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fowler was also far from average at Leeds, his record was quite good actually. Something like 14 goals from 30 games.

14 goals in 31 games but I think he only actually scored in 6 or 7 games. Fans didnt like him cost far too much money and did nothing for the team in a creative sense. He is pretty much hated because of the wages thing.

Good signing on a PR basis for Liverpool, not good on a footballing basis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement