Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just Breaking on Sky Sports

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kingp35 wrote:
    14 goals in 31 games but I think he only actually scored in 6 or 7 games. Fans didnt like him cost far too much money and did nothing for the team in a creative sense. He is pretty much hated because of the wages thing..

The wages are hardly his fault. Who changes jobs and thinks "I'm not going to take anythign over x amount"? You take what they are willing to pay, and if that is over the top, it's entirely their fault.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Stekelly wrote:
    The wages are hardly his fault. Who changes jobs and thinks "I'm not going to take anythign over x amount"? You take what they are willing to pay, and if that is over the top, it's entirely their fault.

Im just saying what most Leeds fans think, they think he is just a money grabber who never had any intentions to try his best for the club. For what the club paid for him and what we got in return he was a pretty awful signing.

He has never looked happy since leaving.He never wanted to leave but was forced out, we all know how it feels to be in a job we don't like, it affects your performance when your not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Im just saying what most Leeds fans think, they think he is just a money grabber who never had any intentions to try his best for the club. For what the club paid for him and what we got in return he was a pretty awful signing.

liverpool are a club conciously buying players with a desire to play for liverpool and to give liverpool their best. and thats one of the main reasons imo that liverpool are in the top 3 teams in the premiership

leeds just bought players with a reputation for being good and who had no particular loyalty to leeds. thats why leeds are totally forgotten about and doing nothing in the championship right now. its their own fault tbh, spending money doesnt always mean success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Stekelly wrote:
    He has never looked happy since leaving.He never wanted to leave but was forced out, we all know how it feels to be in a job we don't like, it affects your performance when your not happy.

Make up your mind.

Was he good or bad for Leeds?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Make up your mind.

I think what he's saying is that he was good despite playing for a team which he wasn't attached to...

But the the Leeds fans didnt thing he was good.

Make up your mind.

TBH he was neither, he functioned. which is what generally unhappy people do.

Actually, I don't remember saying he was good at Leeds ( i may have tho, just dont remember) . Someone else posted his 14 goals from 31 games record. Thats not that bad a record, but for the time he was their he should have played more games, maybe thats what th eLeeds fans have a problem with?

Well he has a lot to prove still.

Can he get fit and play a full game for Liverpool.

Well he has a lot to prove still.

Can he get fit and play a full game for Liverpool.

He doesnt look remotely unfit. He played a full game for city of a couple of weeks back and scored a hat-trick. Then came off the bench to scored against UTd and looked very lively, giving a few good thru balls. You cant ask much more contribution than that for 2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

el rabitos wrote:
    thats why leeds are totally forgotten about and doing nothing in the championship right now

What are you talking about? Do me a favour and go and have a look at the Championship league table and see how ridiculous that comment is.
    Stekelly wrote:
    Thats not that bad a record, but for the time he was their he should have played more games, maybe thats what th eLeeds fans have a problem with?

That has a hge factor in it that he didnt play too often but as I said he did score 14 goals but they erent in 14 games so he went quite a while not scoring and was dropped. He didnt have any desire to force himself back into the team and picked up a reputation as a money grabber.

Obviously he has a love for Liverpool so his desire will be better for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

http://hosted.filefront.com/dubi3 -> All Fowlers goals for Liverpool.

Can't be arsed reading back over the thread so not sure if its already been posted, but figured someone might like these!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Off the liverpool site:

Our Fowler
    Thou art is scoring
    Robbie be thy name
    Thy transfer has been done
    On a free as it is in January
    Give us this day our favourite Red
    Alonso will give you the best passes
    As Carra stops those who pass against us
    Deliver us the title
    And lead us not into relegation
    For eleven is your number
    Forever and ever
    Our man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

truth is stranger than fiction (or this reads like a novel)!
    Rafael Benitez has revealed the idea to re-sign Robbie Fowler was hatched in his mind after he celebrated last season's Champions League semi-final triumph over Chelsea with the Kop legend in a Liverpool pub.

The Anfield chief ended up sharing a drink with Fowler and his best pal Steve McManaman in a local pub, surrounded by joyous Liverpool fans celebrating their club's progress to their sixth European Cup final.

Benitez, who has confirmed interest in Deportivo La Coruna winger Victor has all but ended, is delighted he has finally captured the player who impressed him so much in the chance pub meeting after the victory over Chelsea.

He said: "I first thought of the idea after the Chelsea game, he was in a pub - only with a soft drink - with us and we were talking about football.

"Steve McManaman was also there and you could hear all the fans saying ' you should sign Robbie on again' and things like that.

"I am always thinking about my strikers, I always have confidence in them, but the idea was always in my mind.

"Then in the last week I analysed Robbie and tried to know what he could give to us. I had a meeting with him and explained my ideas for him at the club.

"Then I decided to sign him, he was talking to me with his heart. I could see the passion, he was top scorer here and he clearly has great intelligence about the game.

"He has all these things as well as passion. You can now see the reaction of the supporters."

Fantastic! It's even better now...:P

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I dont care how many goals robbie scores, its great to see him back, I was nearly in tears myself when I seen him on "da telly". He's plenty of years left, now all they need back is the only other striker liverpool have m e l l o r ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I dont care how many goals robbie scores, its great to see him back, I was nearly in tears myself when I seen him on "da telly". He's plenty of years left, now all they need back is the only other striker liverpool have m e l l o r ..

Me too, its great God is home. As for Mellor, wait and see how he does at Wigan first.

Advertisement