Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Trip

Options
  • 27-01-2006 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

The UCD Surf trip is on next weekend and is headin to Bundoran Co. Donegal. it costs between 60 and 110 euro depending on what you need (60 accommodation food, beer, nightclub - 110 all that plus transport, lessons etc.) all the infos on the posters around college.

Its gonna be from Friday 3rd February to Sunday 5th and is always good craic, and surfings alot easier than ya think!

Tickets are on sale outside theatre L, or email ucdsurf@o2.ie and i'll get back to you! or post your questions here.

Talk to ya soon
    Jeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

jeff, from the sounds of darams appraisal of the trip, your in for a "great" time

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

Daram, were you on the last trip? we had about 70 people on the trip, with between 60 and 70 of them actually getting into the water... ie. everybody surfed whether they brought their own boards or they took part in the lessons we provided.

We also had great craic on the Friday and Saturday nights with our very own dj playing in the local pub and i didnt get a single complaint, quite te opposite actually.

Whats the point in coming on giving out about something you havent experienced and actually know nothing about and deterring people who might have been interested in going from going and having a good weekend. We are here to get people into the sport and help out people who are already into it so please let people make up their own minds before telling them how bad something you havent experienced is.

If you were on the last trip (which i doubt you were judging from the negativity of your post) then a much more productive way of getting your point across would be to mention it to someone on the committee or to email us so we could look into fixing the problem for the next trip.

Jeff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

4 years of gradually getting more and more disappointed by the surf club is my reason. It's not your fault, nor is it the surf club's. It's just that I'm stereotyping people as usual. The best surf trip i was in was back in first year, and only 30 people went (I think it was lahinch). When the numbers got bigger, the amount of pretend people on the trips was too much to take, so I stopped going. I've been on my fair share of trips, I was supposed to be on the commitee last year with richie, but didnt go missed AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

yeah, i am quite bitter. i should sort that out.

edit - your post disappeared, which makes mine make no sense. either way, I took no offense, it was pretty much true. Apart from the social retardation bit.

• Advertisement

missed your post there daRobot, wat ya say?

he said not to worry about what I said, and that i was bitter. if you're worried about people being discouraged from joining the surf club then i'll delete my first post. actually, i will anyway.

There was no need to do that, now my very eloquent, well argued and passionate post defending the trip makes no sense.

I felt bad. My sentiments about the surf club however remain the same. Do you argue with the fact that there are a lot of members who are quite simply posing? Maybe it's different this year.

Yeah there are a few people who join the club who never have anything to do with the club. Whether this be posing or genuinely wanting to make more of their membership but not being able to go on the trip for whatever reason.

I actually have no problem with these "posers" they still pay the cash for the privilage which in turn goes towards the trips and events we organise. the more the merrier I say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement