Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Knee Boots?

• 27-01-2006 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11 2kinky

i got a pair of white boots but some people say their awful even without seeing them.what ye think of white boots and has anyone else got or had a pair???.................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I think they look really well on some girls, but on some other girls, they can look terrible also! It depends on the girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 2kinky

but do white boots look pure 'whore' to you?

No, i dont think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Are you sarah_lk by any chance????? :p

I would steer well clear of them.
    If you wear them over jeans, they look horrible.
    If you wear them with diamond tights and a belt - sorry I mean miniskirt - in the middle of winter and most of the rest of the year, they look horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

with jeans OVER them they look ok or a long skirt otherwise no.. and please dont wear jeans tucked into them.... they'll look ten times worse then with a short skirt

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Did you keep the receipt????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They'd go well with the white knee boots in the your thread.

You don't own a pair of perspex platform strappy sandals too by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

white knee boots... what were you thinking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I quite like them. They can look a bit tacky on some girls but when worn with a non-white trash outfit they can be really nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

I'm not a huge fan of them although on saying that i have a friend who always wears them under jeans and they look good. But other then in that "understated" way I think that they look tacky. But each to there own !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I hate them with a passion! WEll some are okish but white cowboy boots? EUGH!
    Seen a girl out one night, she was all of 2ft nothing, had a red MINI MINI on, white cowboy boots, and a white cami-cardi that you are meant to wear a top under, well she forget the top! Her hair was white/blond and her skin was tangerine. she looked diabolicl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

white boots--NO NO NO!!...they scream tacky/knacker!!
    burn them asap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

if you think you can pull it off then go for it.
    i think any knee boots look hot on a chic.
    not too tarty with the skirts though and all should be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

2kinky wrote:
    i got a pair of white boots but some people say their awful even without seeing them.what ye think of white boots and has anyone else got or had a pair???.................

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/iegn/FP.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/iegn/em2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/iegn/wb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

I think thew will look pretty cool worn with a skirt with tan nylons and a short skirt but not too short but steer away from the jeans look,that just looks so slappery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

White knee high boots should never been worn after working hours, i.e. not to be worn home from the lap dancing club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

My friend has a pair and I think they don't look well at all. I don't think they're whorish, they're just too WHITE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I would recommend burning them. Almost as bad as the Womble boots that some people wear these days. My recollection of them is that they used to come with a white handbag that you danced around!

• Advertisement

I love them, when worn properly and by the right kind of person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭sarah lk

good man eo980!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I used to have a pair with steel stiletto heels, used to wear them a lot when going out, the made thier way to the charity shop last summer all the same! :D

sound like nice pair,steel heels look good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 trisha

2kinky wrote:

I had a pair of white patent leather sandals way back in the day and all i think now is they wer wrong wrong wrong! I agree with the whole depends on the style of the boot! You should post up a pic so we can comment on your exact pair!!!!

Ill be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

White boots are the type of thing very few people can pull off (excuse the pun). First of all you'd need a nice pair of legs and it would have to be summer and even then it could look tacky. I'd go with light cream which would look that bit richer and wear with beige or light denim and again only during the summer season and out clubbing. Also would need sallow/tanned skin and definiately not with tan tights or fake tan. Guess each to their own but beige or cream would be nicer imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Fine if you want to look like you work in the sex industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Imagine how manky they will look after a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I actually have white boots but they're flat rather than high heeled so they look pretty cool imo. I don't like heeled ones, I must say.

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    I actually have white boots but they're flat rather than high heeled so they look pretty cool imo. I don't like heeled ones, I must say.

They sound fine tbh simu. its all in the heel, or lack of it in this case..

The look................... It says
    with heels on them
    get paid for dances and sex favours
    thick heel and sole --- freebie sex

:v:

explain shock treatment????

sarah lk wrote:
    explain shock treatment?

Explains itself tbh. Have you read any of the other replies on here?
    I would never wear white boots. Some people can get away with the flat heeled ones, I can't because I'm only 5ft 3.anything outside of that and you run a high risk of looking trashy.

Tell you what. seeing as you have difficulty accepting the negative answers to your thread, why not wear them out and judge by reactions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Tell you what. seeing as you have difficulty accepting the negative answers to your thread, why not wear them out and judge by reactions?

Go for it, I think what Shock said in her previous post is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

What's wrong with white knee boots?????????? :eek:

I'm really shocked that so many people think they look manky I personally think they look great. Love my pair I do :D

Jesus. you try to help them but...

Anyone who agrees with the chunky white boot/ thin but large heeled version - for the love of god will you please buy a copy of this months cosmo and tell me if you see anyone wearing such things, that is anyone who is not in the 'what not to wear' pages.

Please pm me if you do, I will buy a copy myself and if what you say is true, and they do look fashionable I'll post a picture of myself in my fcukin birthday suit wearing only a pair of these white boots in the Nerds thread.

I stand by my statement. flat heeled white ones fine.

• Advertisement

So you only wear what cosmo tells you it's ok to wear? :confused:

Doctor J wrote:
    So you only wear what cosmo tells you it's ok to wear? :confused:

Not t'at all. but its as good a place as any for a few tips.
    Unless you make your own clothes, you tend to be limited by what the shops are selling, which in turn generally follow 'latest trends'.

I buy what I feel comfortable in, and looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I have a pair of mid high kitten stilleto white boots and they are gorgeous.
    i happily wear them either with a short skirt or under jeans.

as for this posted by shock treatment!! wow :

i wore a pair of these platform white boots (same as pic!) to a seventies party a few years ago with a dead short bum-skimming 70s style mini dress and got loads of compliments on my outfit... :cool: (ok so this is how authentic i looked with the platform knee high white boots, ok in the 70's but must be updated for the 00's ie: stilleto kitten heel)

now there is the message... the stilleto style is ok if worn properly and if the girl can carry it off... :D
    but the chunky platform style = not ok!

There was a girl wearing a pair of them at a party i was at last night and she looked ;)

rsta wrote:
    I have a pair of mid high kitten stilleto white boots and they are gorgeous.
    I seen a couple of secondary schoolers trying them on in a shop I was in yesterday, and they just looked tack.

Maybe they would be ok with jeans, but as soon as the short skirt comes out.. :eek:

I guess we shall have to agree to disagree ;)

• Advertisement

I did mention a while back that I was going to get a pair for the girlfriend and I am, but I think a pair with metal heels would be just too much. So does anyone know where I can pick up a pair of knee high white boots with a stiletto? heel in town? Preferably a plain pair with no buckles or designs on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

White boots have to be worn with a very carefully coordinated outfit, makeup and hair, me reckons. So they're only worth it if you're prepared to put in the effort. Trés high maintenance.
    Something like this:
    http://www.gregsgrooves.com/imagess-z/sinatranancy_boots.jpg

i have 2 nice pairs of white knee boots!!what do ye guys call them hooker boots or fmb's??

sarah lk wrote:
    i have 2 nice pairs of white knee boots!!what do ye guys call them hooker boots or fmb's??

Grow up.

i was kidding but i heards lots of guys call them that!!

Don't encourage them.

sorry !!

im wearing white boots out 2moro night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

How do you wear yours Madonna?

Sorry Video Link (Click on 'Watch the 'Sorry' video' to see full video)

They're white roller boots to the ankle with knee socks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement