Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

healthy snacks

• 27-01-2006 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

smoothies. yum yum but guess there's lot of calories in em,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Not really in the pure fruit ones like Innocent? They're nothing but fruit. 50-60 calories in 100mls. Not bad when you think about it. It's all au naturel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

but smoothies are full of bananas :(

suggestions for nice snacks that arent raw veg, smoothies or most fruit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Banana chips? I love them. Fruit yeah, but they are dry and crispy.

What I love most of all is Yoghurt covered banana. Although they probably aren't very healthy as such....still better then chocolate and other junk though I'd imagine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Nuts (not the chocolate covered variety obviously!). Brazils, hazelnuts, pistachios, plain peanuts...all low in fat and high in protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

I love Apple snaps,there apple crisps and a packet contains 2 apples! They are sooo yummy but everyone I know hates them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Kolodny wrote:
    Nuts, Brazils, hazelnuts, pistachios, plain peanuts...all low in fat and high in protein.
    you sure? i use ground almonds for cookin and they're forty odd percent fat

Apple Gal wrote:
    I love Apple snaps,there apple crisps and a packet contains 2 apples! They are sooo yummy but everyone I know hates them!
    nver heard of them? where you get them? (altohough i hate apples)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Tree wrote:
    you sure? i use ground almonds for cookin and they're forty odd percent fat

I didn't mention almonds :)

indeed but id lump nuts int eh same category but im fairly sure most nuts have a high oil content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

Tree wrote:
    nver heard of them? where you get them? (altohough i hate apples)

Well I get them in a healt food store in Bray Co Wicklow, but I saw them first at a show in the RDS. I'm sure in a big health store you could get them. I don't really like apples that much but I love the apple crisps. You can get green or red ones and they aren't as sour as apples so I love them! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Tree wrote:
    indeed but id lump nuts int eh same category but im fairly sure most nuts have a high oil content

It's true, they do but the majority of the fat is mono and polyunsaturated which is heart healthy and lacking in most people's diets relative to the amount of saturated fat consumed. Both nuts & seeds are a source of omega 3 & 6 and a small handful everyday makes a great snack.

Advertisement