Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 M5 for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

This is one of those rare times that I allow myself to cry.
    megatronyu wrote:
    rolled 5 times =(

Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

but I can tell already that it is not cheap based on my buy back price from insurance
    What does he mean? It looks like complete scrap to me....especially given a car with so many electronics, why would you bother trying to get it back on the road....The car is in surprisingly good shape for havin rolled 5 times tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

fletch wrote:
    What does he mean? It looks like complete scrap to me....especially given a car with so many electronics, why would you bother trying to get it back on the road....The car is in surprisingly good shape for havin rolled 5 times tho

:confused: It's fúcked!

m5wreck015.jpg

Structurally though the cabin of the car remained fairly intact and didn't crumple too much...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ouch. Seeing as he's from Texas, perhaps he wasn't expecting one of those pesky "corners"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

according to realoem.com a new engine is worth about $24k and gearbox is about $9k. selling just these on the 2nd hand market would fetch these if not higher prices I reckon as the S85 engine would not be available to anyone without and M5/M6 if going through a dealer.
    then the leather, wheels, etc would earn more money

qz wrote:
    :confused: It's fúcked!
    Nothing a bit of elbow grease and T-Cut wouldn't sort out!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i could think of better ways of blowing $81,000 what an idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have the technology I can rebuild:) pity its not in Ireland I'd sort it in a month.

colm_mcm wrote:
    i could think of better ways of blowing $81,000 what an idiot!

$81k in the US - it starts @ €135,600 here

• Advertisement

Welcome to Rip-off Ireland. Everything you ever wanted plus tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Would fully comp insurance not cover it? What would happen in this case would they give him the full $81,000?

S.

those M6's have every sort of nannying device known to man, how did he roll it?!

colm_mcm wrote:
    those M6's have every sort of nannying device known to man, how did he roll it?!
    Well first of all it's an M5....and second of all....it's a car capable of doing 200mph+....all it takes is some eegit to over estimate their ability and do something stupid for the natural laws of physics to render every driver aid in the world useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

fletch wrote:

"good shape" lol

I never liked the styling of the new 5 series anyway

Would fully comp insurance not cover it? What would happen in this case would they give him the full $81,000?

S.
    I guess it would depend on his policy - many policies here would offer you a new car if the write off is less than a year old.
    colm_mcm wrote:
    at a guess I reckon he did the following:-
    go fast then turn sharp but don't brake inbetween
    ateam wrote:
    "good shape" lol
    The car rolled 5 times and the driver has only a sore shoulder from his seat belt - the cockpit is still intact so I would agree with the comment
    colm_mcm wrote:
    I never liked the styling of the new 5 series anyway
    Neither do I really - Im only starting to warm to it and only then if it has a kit. However, the M5 really does look good

isn't there a huge waiting list on the M5?

There is.
    I was at the launch last year in Weston and talking to the BMW Irl PR gal she was telling me that 2005's cars had already been sold (25 cars) and that the list had been growing for 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    Nothing a bit of elbow grease and T-Cut wouldn't sort out!

LMAO :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

kbannon wrote:
    There is.
    I was at the launch last year in Weston and talking to the BMW Irl PR gal she was telling me that 2005's cars had already been sold (25 cars) and that the list had been growing for 2006

Thats weird, I ordered an M5 brochure off the website last november and I got a phone call from them about a week later asking about a test drive around Galway, I strung her along and she said Cunninghams had 2 in stock and that the waiting time on one is about 4 weeks! They now have 4 different ones in stock and murphy a gunn in milltown have 3 in stock. I think the whole waiting list thing for the M5 is a bit wierd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wow i wonder what speed he was going.the driver and passengers must be gone to god as it looks in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

drdre wrote:
    the driver and passengers must be gone to god as it looks in bits.

RTFT / RTFL, the driver was grand, just a sore shoulder - there were no passengers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

kbannon wrote:
    according to realoem.com a new engine is worth about $24k and gearbox is about $9k. selling just these on the 2nd hand market would fetch these if not higher prices I reckon as the S85 engine would not be available to anyone without and M5/M6 if going through a dealer.
    then the leather, wheels, etc would earn more money
    So you buy a previous shape 530d touring, slip this engine in and you have the ultimate BMW - 500bhp AND handsome. And a 5 speed manual M5 (none of your poofy sequins-tronic nonsense). Hasn't the 530d similar torque to the M5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Dunno how I'd cope with a car with that much power either but clearly the car was too much for his driving skills.

BMW should do a course for M cars I think.. would make them even 'cooler' and would save that type of heartache! :(

Its not just M5's that get written off you know. I've driven M5's and similar type cars for years and haven't crashed, basically you drive taking road conditions and the amount of traffic on the road at the particular time into consideration. I think most people get to be better drivers with experience although some are no hoper's from the start. Some people just shouldn't be allowed on the road full stop, they're just not driver material.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

True. Although a no-hoper and 500bhp is a particularly unfortunate combination.

A no hoper and a Citroen 2CV is an unfortunate combination.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Maybe VRT rates should be graded according to driving ability;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

ha ha ha!! that's gas.. ha ha

Advertisement