Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 M5 for sale

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

junkyard wrote:
    Its not just M5's that get written off you know. I've driven M5's and similar type cars for years and haven't crashed, basically you drive taking road conditions and the amount of traffic on the road at the particular time into consideration. I think most people get to be better drivers with experience although some are no hoper's from the start. Some people just shouldn't be allowed on the road full stop, they're just not driver material.

Well Junkyard.. (how appropriate a name in this thread!)..

I take on board what you're saying but I don't think I've ever seen a 2CV reduced to the mess that that BM is in! You can't deny that driver skill is probably a lot to do with that crash. (If the conditions are bad then it's up to the skilled driver to appreciate that).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

junkyard wrote:
    Some people just shouldn't be allowed on the road full stop, they're just not driver material.
    I think I met most of them today. Sunday drivers piss me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Was on the M50 about 3 hours ago and saw a 05 M5 hit the back of an Almera... Couldn't but let out a little snigger at the guy in the M5 cos he'd been driving like an a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Onkle51 wrote:
    Was on the M50 about 3 hours ago and saw a 05 M5 hit the back of an Almera... Couldn't but let out a little snigger at the guy in the M5 cos he'd been driving like an a$$.
    Was it a serious crash? What happened? Details!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Onkle51 wrote:

I now dislike you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Onkle51 wrote:

Was there much damage done to the Almera? If I owned the Almera I'd be really p1ssed...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

No injuries by the looks of it. From what I could see the M5 was tailgating an almera, then the toll bridge queue came up a little quickly for them. Almera was wrecked but the M5 wasn't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

arent you supposed to drive a car gently for the first thousand miles while running it in:D ack well keeps the lazy germans in jobs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lomb wrote:
    arent you supposed to drive a car gently for the first thousand miles while running it in:D ack well keeps the lazy germans in jobs:)

There's no point in buying an M5 unless you drive the ring out of it, that said, i have limited sympathy for someone who drives over €100,000 of a car like an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

junkyard wrote:
    Its not just M5's that get written off you know. I've driven M5's and similar type cars for years and haven't crashed, basically you drive taking road conditions and the amount of traffic on the road at the particular time into consideration. I think most people get to be better drivers with experience although some are no hoper's from the start. Some people just shouldn't be allowed on the road full stop, they're just not driver material.

In Australia and new zealand, you dont need any insurance so there's kids with WRX's etc whatever their parents limit is as their first car.. can you imagine the carnage..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Unfortunately one of the consequences of driving an M5 is how to avoid seemingly stationary objects and obstacles.

A minutes silence for the uberpanzer if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

In Australia and new zealand, you dont need any insurance so there's kids with WRX's etc whatever their parents limit is as their first car.. can you imagine the carnage..
    But you are up the creek if you hit anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

You don't need insurance, but you're advised to get it since you can sued for hitting someone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought that you got 3rd party insurance from the state over there, paid for by tax on petrol/diesel? Then its up to you to buy fire + theft/comp if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I was in Australia about a year ago, the amount of young kids driving Skylines was frightening...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Doesn't Australia have proper driver eduction and also police enforcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Onkle51 wrote:

Obviously his Bellendtronic system failed -

"BMW has also revealed details of a sophisticated new electronics package that is aimed straight at the new car's core market. Dubbed Bellendtronic, the new system is fully integrated into the car's control systems and allows a range of functions including full disablement of the indicators, perilously late activation of the brakes and an adapted radar cruise control that allows the driver to sit 4mm from your back bumper in the outside lane of the M6" (from: www.sniffpetrol.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I've driven fairly extensively in both countries and I hate to say it but the older generation, say 30+ could teach us Irish a thing or two about driving.

Yes, in places like Sydney for example, Saturday night means you get hundreds of acne covered muppets cruising around the centre in cars way too powerful for them and of course you see crashes on the news but nothing like you see here.

Advertisement