Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys Problem

Options
  • 27-01-2006 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

I bought an external DVD writer last year (september) and it's given me problems from day one,I have to re burn maybe one in every three disks and have to carefull to check if every dvd works! So I need a new one.

The problem is that after looking into it I've found this is a problem with almost all the drives of the same make, I'm not happy with the drive and want a different one, can I insist on a different drive, or goods to equal value, or if they offer repair/replacement am I obliged to take it?

Where do I stand, and has anyone any experience dealing with currys on an issue like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

After this amount of time I think you need to take whatever they offer you. On the other hand, if you can show that it is a known issue you would have a fairly strong case for getting a different product.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You could try making an arguement under the Sale of Goods Act ('goods not fit for the purpose sold') to get a replacement model, but I think you'll have a battle on your hands given the time involved.

Advertisement