Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get over a girl?

• 27-01-2006 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have known a girl for a week now. and now it has suddenly hit the wall..I cant stop thinking about her because I'm mad about her..
    I am feeling really down because of this and I have lost my appetite. I dont know why this is happening but it is really getting the better of me. I was with another girl last night to try and get over her..It worked temporarily but in the last hour I have felt really bad..I am dreading going to bed later because I know I won't be able to sleep..What should I do?

Hakko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You keep breathing and doing all the things you need to get through the day.
    and one day with out you noticing it won't hurt so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Have a cry,have another cry and keep on doing it until you don't feel like it anymore. Then spend some time with friends and try to get on with things.

In time it'll be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

me.. wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I have known a girl for a week now. and now it has suddenly hit the wall..I cant stop thinking about her because I'm mad about her..
    I am feeling really down because of this and I have lost my appetite. I dont know why this is happening but it is really getting the better of me. I was with another girl last night to try and get over her..It worked temporarily but in the last hour I have felt really bad..I am dreading going to bed later because I know I won't be able to sleep..What should I do?

Hakko

I'm with ya buddy! It will get easier and easier each today and soon you will get over it.

You have only known her a week! How has it hit a brick wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Thaedydal wrote:
    You keep breathing and doing all the things you need to get through the day.
    and one day with out you noticing it won't hurt so bad.

Such wisdom. And in a moderator!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Ah memories :)! In some ways your not alone here and in others you're on your own. You have to realise for yourself that you don't need this girl. That there are others girls out there that can (and will) also make you feel the same for them. That it's human nature, and that it's not actually her making you feel this way - but you!

You're basically being needy. Ever had a needy girl come after you? I'm sure you know what it's like so don't subject her to it. But if you like this girl try to make a go of it (unless she clearly doesn't want to) - at the worst you'll learn something new about yourself. But DON'T tell yourself or let her think that you need her because you DON'T!!

And btw, I'm assuming your in your teens and that hormones have taken full control of your brains and your balls. But this happens to everyone else too... umm,... you just need try to control yourself. Distracting yourself with other girls isn't working so tackle it head on. Try to put reason to how your feeling and you'll realise that some of the stuff in your head is just wrong - hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It hit a brick wall midway through the week.. things got awkward so I knew wahtever we had was over.. I kissed her on 2 ocassions.. I txt her earlier to say sorry about the last few days if we didn't talk that much just in case she tahught it was me that was odd. I said things were just weird.. She said what can ya do.. I assumed that she didnt want anything anymore so I asked could we just be friends.. she said of course..Obviously! The thing thats bothering me is did I just jump the gun by asking did she want to be friends. When she said what can you do? did this mean 2 say she wasnt interested in me anymore in that way..
    Also, another thing that is bothering me is that her friend told me she was happy that it was the 2 of us and not anyone else.. "we were so compatible" since this came from the best friend does this mean that she is interested... or what..
    I'm really heartbroken and feel like such a fool cause I've only known the girl for a week..

Opinions would be nice.. after that im sure time will fix my feelings and help me get over it.

Thanks for the support guys..

Hmmm, perhaps you should talk to her and explain what you just said there.

I know thats easier said than done but it will solve the whole thing once and for all.

You might be surprised at her response!

If its not the reply your looking for at least you will be able to move on and not be dwelling on the "What ifs"

Now, I have received similar advice in a previous thread so I sound kinda hypocritical here but it is true!

Hard to do but the right thing to do in the long run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I dont think that is really an option Py.. I will se what I can do in the next while. another thing is that we don't even live near each other or do we go to college together..

I would love to tell her how I feel but Im afraid of her thinking im a bit obsessive! I will se her next week and we will see what happens..

Really good forum.. I use boards a lot but had never used this forum before. I wasn't sure what kind of advie I would get here but it has been really good..

Thanks..

Me... wrote:
    I dont think that is really an option Py.. I will se what I can do in the next while. another thing is that we don't even live near each other or do we go to college together..

I would love to tell her how I feel but Im afraid of her thinking im a bit obsessive! I will se her next week and we will see what happens..

Really good forum.. I use boards a lot but had never used this forum before. I wasn't sure what kind of advie I would get here but it has been really good..

Thanks..

No worries! I hope it works out for you.

You never know, she is prob sitting at home now thinking that you don't like and your not interested!

Ring her and ask to meet up for a drink! Be friendly and nice and smile.

Should be ok!

Listen

You dont realise this yet but you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    Whatevers gone wrong inside you happens to a lot of people, dare I say it to most people at some point.
    When its happened to you a few times you will realise what to do and wonder why you didnt do it the first time.It will stop happening.

You know this girl one week-You can have no idea what she thinks-your head is imagining all sorts of things that probably arent the case at all.
    Just act normal.Close down any sign of your anxiety when you are with her or her friends and start over.
    If she's not interested-well thats life mate - move on.
    You never know this may be something of nothing you are making this problem out to be.
    It's more than likely all in your head and not in anyone elses.

So calm down and act normal and remember, you are imagining the worst when that more than likely isnt the case.
    Chin up now and dont put your foot in your mouth-just behave naturally.

p.s dont be telling someone how you feel about them when you've only known them one week ESPECIALLY when you are feeling the way that you are.
    Relax and enjoy their company first.
    This may sound silly but its not,clearly you are being driven by lust.You need more than that so take your time-if this doesnt work out another one will :)

Me... wrote:
    It hit a brick wall midway through the week.. things got awkward so I knew wahtever we had was over.. I kissed her on 2 ocassions.. I txt her earlier to say sorry about the last few days if we didn't talk that much just in case she tahught it was me that was odd. I said things were just weird.. She said what can ya do.. I assumed that she didnt want anything anymore so I asked could we just be friends.. she said of course..Obviously! The thing thats bothering me is did I just jump the gun by asking did she want to be friends. When she said what can you do? did this mean 2 say she wasnt interested in me anymore in that way..
    Also, another thing that is bothering me is that her friend told me she was happy that it was the 2 of us and not anyone else.. "we were so compatible" since this came from the best friend does this mean that she is interested... or what..
    I'm really heartbroken and feel like such a fool cause I've only known the girl for a week..

Opinions would be nice.. after that im sure time will fix my feelings and help me get over it.

Thanks for the support guys..

• Advertisement
Advertisement