Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amd Wifi

• 27-01-2006 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

ok i dont think this is being posted in the righ area so PLZ move it if need be.

now that i have that done
    i am playing with a AMD acer ferrari 3400 now it uses win XP's wifi utility and for some reason it keep on disconnecting from the network. I know this utility is crap in general but can anybody tel me if there is a kind of universal utility for wifi adaptors something like the one’s that comes with most external wifi adapters.

hope someone can help...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Zwartsj wrote:
    ok i dont think this is being posted in the righ area so PLZ move it if need be.

now that i have that done
    i am playing with a AMD acer ferrari 3400 now it uses win XP's wifi utility and for some reason it keep on disconnecting from the network. I know this utility is crap in general but can anybody tel me if there is a kind of universal utility for wifi adaptors something like the one’s that comes with most external wifi adapters.

hope someone can help...

the 'universal one' is more than likely the very windows one that you are using! Each card will have their own utility - have you disabled the security on the network to see if it will connect> have you checked to see if there is any firmware upgrade available for either your router or the acer card? have you tried any other laptop or pc with the router you are using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

dub45 wrote:
    the 'universal one' is more than likely the very windows one that you are using! Each card will have their own utility - have you disabled the security on the network to see if it will connect> have you checked to see if there is any firmware upgrade available for either your router or the acer card? have you tried any other laptop or pc with the router you are using?

its internal WiFi so did not get a utility with it. thats why i am trying to use the windows one.

we onnect to the Univercity lan so there is a couple of laptops connected to the lan and thay are all working (i was using the windows one with my dell laptop but since its a pcmci card i installed the utility from linksys.

so its not the network but the rubish windows utility.

Advertisement