Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you sharing your broadband

• 27-01-2006 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if many people are being naughty and sharing their broadband with their neighbours:D ? I share mine with my in-laws who live across the road - god bless my Belkin wireless router. In all there are 2 PCs, 2 laptaps, an Ipaq and
    an xbox 360 sharing the connection. Luckily we're not heavy downloaders.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There isn't anything naughty. You pay for a speed, contention and possibly a cap.

Mine is shared with everyone IN the house. That is bad enough :)

The Wifi for the two laptops has security settings etc such that it isn't used by everyone else in the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It is naughty in the eyes of the ISP. (They'd prefer to screw two households ..)
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

watty wrote:
    There isn't anything naughty. You pay for a speed, contention and possibly a cap.

Just check out your ISP's terms and conditions, they definitely think it's naughty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Like most things, it's only naughty if you're caught:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh as watty said sharing it with people in the same house is bad enough (only my brother though) but it has gotten a bit more bearable since the upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

kaizersoze wrote:
    Like most things, it's only naughty if you're caught:).

and what are the chances of that!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

digitaldr wrote:
    and what are the chances of that!?
    Very slim. Unless one of your in-laws downloads something iffy and it's traced back to your IP address.

Advertisement