Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant Concentrate right

• 27-01-2006 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi i am not sure if this was done before. I was dicnosed with ADHD nearly two years ago . And i am doing my leaving cert and i am finding it hareder to concentate more them normal. Was woundering if anyone has the same difficult . Would be happy to hear your answers . :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

were you looking for personal issues per chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Marts wrote:
    were you looking for personal issues per chance?

I thought the post would have gone in hear are there was not sure sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I just answered your previous post

py2006 wrote:
    I just answered your previous post

I put in the wrong place and then i put it hear someone must of moved it hear sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Eminem wrote:
    I thought the post would have gone in hear are there was not sure sorry
    that's alright, I just thought you meant you were a parent, in 6th year with ADHD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

is there any particular area where you're lacking concentration? In class? While studying?

LundiMardi wrote:
    is there any particular area where you're lacking concentration? In class? While studying?

At certain times i just cant sit down and stay still while studying for along period of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Ok, here are a few tips:

Firstly, this has some useful information:

http://www.examsuccesstips.com/

Secondly, there are multiple factors affecting your state of mind when you study, which is closely connected with your ability to maintain concentration:

1) Your personal energy levels and mental clarity.

Patrick Holford, a leading UK nutritionist, suggests that you are careful what you eat so that you can maintain balanced blood sugar levels (a few examples of what's good to eat; porridge)

He also suggests taking supplements to help give your body what it needs to perform optimally. The most important ones are: A good multivitamin, vitamin b, vitamin c and essential fatty acids (EFAs). You can get all of these cheaply in Holland & Barett.

I also find its useful to do some high intensity exercise for a short while each day as this oxegenates your blood and helps you wake up. For example, jogging for 20 minutes with a couple of hundred metre sprints along the way.

2) Your level of physical relaxation. It's really useful to stretch regularly, take salt baths to soothe your muscles and ease away stress.

3) Your environment. Make sure your room in tidy + uncluttered, without the TV on or other distractions around you.

4) Your timing - it's a really good idea to study for 25 minutes at a time, then take a 5 minute break, to facilitate your natural concentration spans

5) How you study... if you simply copy out information, it's boring. If you are really alert and understand what you are learning quickly, it's much more fun and interesting. If you make mindmapped notes (get a book on Mindmaps) then you study process is more beneficial.

There are loads of other tips, but these should help.

- Thomas

Thanks very much for that

Advertisement